So last week I ordered QL via the CB app store via my home PC and then used the emailed OTA link. Fine. Done.

So today I went to the crackberry app store to get a reg code for berry buzz. Not remebering if I had created an account on the CB app store I tried creating an account and it said an account already exizted with that email. Ok, so I went back to the CB app store on my BB and purchased as first logging in as guest and all. I got my code and I registered BerryBuzz fine.

But now my account, if there is one, seems flumoxed. I went to the "forgot password" and entered my email. It said it had sent a new password to my email. Would it say that if I didn't have an account or would it say something like "no email sent...no account" yada yada. It has been a good 15 minutes and I have not seen an email arrive with a new password........

I want to make sure I get my CB/Mobihand app store account set properly. Is there a phone number I can call to reach someone or a chat link? Am I relegated to email? If so, what to use?

[EDIT] My client's firewall blocks access to the app store on their network. Checking via my Tour to see if I can find a number.....
    Last edited by jlb21; 09-15-09 at 08:14 AM.
    09-15-09 08:11 AM
    Toll Free: (866) 904-5772
    Fax: (888) 202-7864
    09-15-09 08:15 AM
    Thanks....trying.....
    09-15-09 08:16 AM
    They said I need to email mobihand.....ugh....

I hope they respond quickly....
    09-15-09 08:22 AM
    They do respond quickly. I had an answer the next morning to my question.
    09-15-09 08:36 AM
    Cool. Thanks.
    09-15-09 08:44 AM
    I have a groundbreaking idea, why not have a customer support service where you can talk to a real person who knows their subject and is determined to help you. No emails, phone option menus, call centres to someone who can answer the phone but that's about it. Oh I forgot, no messages that repeat 'we are experiencing a high volume of calls' at every second of every day.
    Think it might catch on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 09:00 AM
    I got an ACK from Mobihand about the email I sent and at the same time I got it, all 3 of my password reset emails had gotten responded to. No actual word from them, but the reset worked so I am back in business.

One quick question......what is the benefit of downloading the CB app store client versus just launching CB and selecting the app store?
    09-15-09 10:39 AM
    Ahhhh, I see. I just DL'ed it. Nice. DOTD, specials, etc....
    09-15-09 10:43 AM
    Follow up questions for your thoughts:

Support finally emailed back after the fact and had reset my PW so I had to go in and re-reset it to what I wanted. Ok. Fine. Excellent response time. Here's a weird question(s) for you....

I think when I first downloaded the trial of BerryBuzz, I did so using my work email address. For my purchases/account in question, I am using my Yahoo email address.

However, when I fire up the app store, it shows the berrybuzz trial, quick launch free, etc (but no purchased apps). If I go to login, it trys to prefill with my work email address which was used for downloading the trial. If I change that to my yahoo email, I can login fine and I see all of my purchased apps.

How do I make it forget about the fact that I may have downloaded the trial with my work email so that if I choose to logout of the app store (for security reasons) and then log back in, it will prefill with my yahoo account?

I am trying the possibility of removing the app store and then reinstalling it to see if that helps.....any help you all can provide will be appreciated!

[EDIT] Does it have to do with which calendar is listed under "Default Services"? Perhaps, as I have that set to my work email/calendar....who knows. That it also shows my Quick Launch Free App tells me it does. No biggie if this is the case. I like my BB set to my work calendar as the default, so it really is not that big a deal to clear the field and login with my yahoo mail (if I had previously logged out).
    Last edited by jlb21; 09-15-09 at 03:10 PM.
    09-15-09 02:46 PM
    I have a groundbreaking idea, why not have a customer support service where you can talk to a real person who knows their subject and is determined to help you. No emails, phone option menus, call centres to someone who can answer the phone but that's about it. Oh I forgot, no messages that repeat 'we are experiencing a high volume of calls' at every second of every day.
    Think it might catch on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Because that would be incredibly expensive.
    09-15-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD