I have seen apps that allow the temperature, and a basic icon description of the current weather on the main screen (desktop?). Does anyone know of a free app that would allow that? they all seem to want you to subscribe to a service.
    10-18-09 02:12 PM
    I went to TheWeatherNetwork.com and downloaded their BlackBerry app. It set an icon that I can move on my homescreen and its totally free. There are other weather apps too, but I live in Canada and I find this one the most accurate for me. Hopefully others will chime in with what weather apps they use!
    10-18-09 05:21 PM
    I tried WeatherEye but it didn't have any stations local to me. I used WeatherBug for the longest time, and that's still my favorite free weather app. Several weeks ago I bought BeWeather aka BerryWeather; it's the hands-down best weather app ever IMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 07:31 AM
    BBweather version .86 or higher is what you want. Free. Then you just move that icon where you need it.

You will need to set your "Home" location by zipcode. Then go into the settings and change the Home screen icon to display temp and current conditions.

Beweather is nice but not free and is more aesthetically pleasing with more options and what not. They have a fee trial you can check out if you want to. That does the icon thing you are looking for.

Last edited by strunke; 10-20-09 at 03:19 PM.
    10-20-09 03:09 PM
    so...i downloaded BBWeather. It's configured, but i'm having trouble setting the temp on my home screen. Can you help?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    10-20-09 11:12 PM
    so...i downloaded BBWeather. It's configured, but i'm having trouble setting the temp on my home screen. Can you help?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Yep. Just go to options through the blackberry button in BBweather then go to enable homescreen update and select that. Now scroll down to the homescreen icon option and select what you want to show and temp + conditions, just temp, etc and save the options you may also want to select activate on startup and play with the homescreen font and color options to get the best looking icon based on what theme and background you have.

I have a today plus theme so I can see the weather icon just by opening the flip. The ones that come with it stock have the icons on the main screen too now that I think of it. To move it to the main screen just move the icon first out of the downloads folder with the BB button menu and into "Home". Then move to your top first 5 apps/icons in the list.

Last edited by strunke; 10-21-09 at 12:51 AM.
    10-21-09 12:48 AM
    Thanks. You are amazing. been working on this for a while now. Haha

jeff
    10-21-09 01:00 AM
    Thanks. You are amazing. been working on this for a while now. Haha

jeff
    Lol thanks....

10-21-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD