I looked today in my downloads folder to find 4 new apps that i know i did not download. A friends Bold had exactly the same apps and he did not dl them either. We r both with rogers.

they are world series of poker 3, bubble dash demo, brain challenge 2 demo, and ur music.

how did this crap get onto my phone?
    12-03-09 01:01 PM
    Pushed from the provider. Just hide the darned things or move them to a folder you do not use. They will be pushed back if you delete them. They are only icons that take up very, very little space.
    12-03-09 01:04 PM
    I looked today in my downloads folder to find 4 new apps that i know i did not download. A friends Bold had exactly the same apps and he did not dl them either. We r both with rogers.

they are world series of poker 3, bubble dash demo, brain challenge 2 demo, and ur music.

I got the same thing too. They are pushed by your carrier. Just hide them.
    12-03-09 01:05 PM
    These are pushed by the carrier, and will reappear whenever you restart the device, even if you've deleted them. Best thing to do is add a folder to your desktop, drag and drop the icons into the folder, then hide the folder.

Outa sight, outa mind. The icons don't take any real memory, they're just clutter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 01:05 PM
    It's better when your carrier push app for your phone. I'm in france, and the BBmap icon was impossible to find, i call them and they told me it was my carrier who makes it disappear because they sell their own map apps, so they didn't want you to use the bbmap...
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-03-09 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Content moderation
    12-03-09 01:11 PM
    ya thats kind of BS. i dont like how they can just place icons in my phone. they are like ads.

did all the cariers do this or is it just rogers?
    12-03-09 01:21 PM
    I'm with o2 in the uk and I get the same crap, I kept on deleting them but whenever I did a battery pull or soft reset they just come back, I have them in a folder now called 'crap'.

12-16-09 07:53 AM
    I'm with o2 in the uk and I get the same crap, I kept on deleting them but whenever I did a battery pull or soft reset they just come back, I have them in a folder now called 'crap'.

All you have to do is Hide the icon's you don't like... yes, it's annoying, but it's not worth getting spun up about... just Hide the icon's.
    12-16-09 08:23 AM
    Even with T-Mobile I get apps for various things on my phone, even when I first bought it. Like Tele-Nav maps, etc.. Don't even use it. Just hide it.
    12-16-09 08:59 AM
    AT&T does it too. The first thing I do when I load a new theme is hide all that garbage.
    12-16-09 05:55 PM
    every carrier does it. and they arent apps really, they are launcher icons that take you to the site to download/buy the junk.
    12-16-09 10:08 PM
    ya thats kind of BS. i dont like how they can just place icons in my phone. they are like ads.

did all the cariers do this or is it just rogers?
    Thats exactly what they are, ads. They are sent to your device using the same push technology as your email is, sent by your network provider. I personally find them annoying and have moved them into a folder I never access.
    12-17-09 04:31 AM

pushed by your carrier.
    12-17-09 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD