I've noticed there are a lot,.. i mean.. A LOT, of preloaded product safety, sla, and warranty docs on the 9900. I'd like to delete them all but don't want to go deleting one-by-one. How do I select multiple files or select all and delete?

Thanks!
    08-18-11 03:30 PM
    I'm not sure about deleting them in bulk, I just opted to delete them one at a time and I didn't have that many to remove. Not sure if you have a 9900 or 9930 or if the preloaded documents are the same.
    08-18-11 08:33 PM
    Maybe you can delete them using an app like filescout or file manager pro.
    08-18-11 08:44 PM
    I hooked mine up to the computer, searched for the files(mostly .pdf's) and proceded to delete away.... Why in the effin world did rim decide to stick all this crap on to the phone, I wouldve paid the extra 5 dollars for them to have put it on a cd that I would never put into my computer an just thrown in the garbage... Lmao
    Basically that's what they did, no cd but everything on the phone so that when u plug it in its all there.... Notice the phone comes with that sticker that says plug into comp first... That's why...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 08:55 PM
    I saw that last night too. I started deleting them manually one by one, but there are SOOO many on my 9930.

Will continue manually deleting tonight...
    08-18-11 08:58 PM
    You can put it into USB mode --> Documents and delete them all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mykl likes this.
    08-18-11 09:41 PM
    ...or you can shrink them out with the BB Hybrids tool which gets rid of other unwanted bloat. I would keep docs to go though if you ever intend on using the phone for business where you would be creating/editing Word docs. It works really well.
    08-19-11 12:34 AM
    Ya I wouldn`t delete the documents to go, it can be very useful at times.
    08-19-11 12:37 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll plugin and delete from the pc. (Not Docs to Go, just the Docs).

It'll be good to have a little more free space!
    08-19-11 09:50 AM
    After mounting as a USB drive I removed the following (actually moved to my PC):

All the files in the root directory( Autorun.INF, start.exe, etc)
    Files directory ( this contains all the PDFs)
    start.app (I'm assuming this is for the Mac)

I rebooted just to be sure and I saw no issues.
    Mykl likes this.
    08-19-11 10:23 AM
    BBOS can modify the phone on the fly I think, but i always like to wipe the phone when I first get it and then load the shrunken OS from my PC.
    08-19-11 10:38 AM
    I did what others suggested above...plug into the computer...search for pdf's. delete.

I deleted something like 345 files from my Verizon 9930. I did leave 2 files (at the bottom of the list) that said they were the icons for a .pdf file.

quick and easy. thanks.
    08-19-11 10:57 AM
    After mounting as a USB drive I removed the following (actually moved to my PC):

All the files in the root directory( Autorun.INF, start.exe, etc)
    Files directory ( this contains all the PDFs)
    start.app (I'm assuming this is for the Mac)

I rebooted just to be sure and I saw no issues.
    There now is a Adobe exe file in the Files directory. I've deleted all the other bloat out of this directory but I'm wondering what this is given that there isn't flash or reader for Blackberries. Anyone know?
    12-03-11 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD