They are not listed in the applications list. Mostly I want to delete the things listed in the download folder (tony hawk, ms pac man, etc)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 05:51 PM
    They are not listed in the applications list. Mostly I want to delete the things listed in the download folder (tony hawk, ms pac man, etc)

Click Menu (BlackBerry Button), if you do not have a delete option, they are not apps, just service books. Make a folder, put them all in there and then hide the folder. Then you don't ever have to see them again!
    11-14-09 05:59 PM
    So, the only option is to hide them? Are they not taking up space?

11-14-09 06:16 PM
    So, the only option is to hide them? Are they not taking up space?

Yep, if they are not apps, you can't delete them. You can remove the service book but when you reset your phone or do a battery pull, they will come back because they are pushed from the carrier.

They take up so little space, you would never notice the difference.
    11-14-09 06:21 PM
    so in theory i can unlock the phone and i will be able to delete them.... (i know that sounds stupid, but just checking every scenario)
    11-14-09 07:10 PM
    so in theory i can unlock the phone and i will be able to delete them.... (i know that sounds stupid, but just checking every scenario)
    Um... Depends on which carrier you will be using. If your buying a T-Mobile 9700 on Monday, I would advise against it because you won't be able to get AT&T's 3G.

But yes, you won't receive the same service books because you will be on a different network. But AT&T has just as many that they send.
    11-14-09 07:14 PM
    Exactly how much space do they take up?
    This has been buggin me too.
    12-12-09 12:57 AM
    Exactly how much space do they take up?
    This has been buggin me too.
    Next to nothing, bits, not even bytes
    12-12-09 01:00 AM
    Most of the launchers that are pushed are a few KB. Typical launcher is about 15-25 kilobytes. You will typically load your cache with bytes in a single session. With the RAM on a 9700, you're obsessed over a couple hundred KB at worst.

And, even if you got theme deleted, they're just gonna pop up again. Add a folder, stick them in it, hide the folder.

12-12-09 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD