Hi,
    I am subscribed to 2 different Podcast channels. If, from the home screen, I click Media > Podcasts, I see them. If I click on one of the channels I see a listing of all individual episodes in it; one has 40. Each gives a very brief description so I can see those I would like to DELETE, but I can find NO way to DELETE an individual episode; there is no option in 'Menu' to do so. If I download one I don't want, and then view it, THEN I see a delete option in 'Menu,' to DELETE it, but it does NOT delete; it stays in the folder. HOW ON EARTH TO DELETE an un-wanted and un-viewed Podcast episode? The only way I've found that WORKS is to UNSUBSCRIBE to the Podcast and DELETE all episodes. This is SO SO frustrating ! Poopers !!!
    Last edited by linda anne; 01-21-11 at 12:24 PM. Reason: typo in title
    01-21-11 12:23 PM
    How many episodes do you have it set keep under Options? There may be 40 episodes available in the channel, but only the ones that have the "downloaded" icon (yellow arrow pointing at a BlackBerry) are actually saved on your device. The rest is just a list of episodes available to download.

If you go to "All Episodes" from the main screen of BlackBerry Podcasts, do they all show up there? If so, can you select an episode and go Menu>Delete?
    01-21-11 12:51 PM
    How many episodes do you have it set keep under Options? There may be 40 episodes available in the channel, but only the ones that have the "downloaded" icon (yellow arrow pointing at a BlackBerry) are actually saved on your device. The rest is just a list of episodes available to download.

If you go to "All Episodes" from the main screen of BlackBerry Podcasts, do they all show up there? If so, can you select an episode and go Menu>Delete?
    Under 'Options' I have selected "When new msgs arrive, keep:" Last 5 I don't have a yellow arrow, but do have a yellow circle next to a tiny blue square inside of a tiny box. The one episode i downloaded is in bright text while all others are dim. The one 'lit up' has a tiny and 'lit up' blue triangle inside a tiny black box with a white border around the black. If I "back out" and click on "All Episodes" there is only ONE listed and it is the one i downloaed. I cannot get rid of it. If I click on 'Menu' and click DELETE, after choosing 'Yes' i get another pop-up saying "The operation did not complete because some files could not be deleted. Please try again." When I click 'OK' and try again it is the SAME thing. I cannot delete episodes I'm not interested in, OR an episode I have watched. (
    01-21-11 01:43 PM
    That is strange...I've never seen that happen. I'm assuming you've tried the usual battery pull, uninstall and reinstall the app, etc., routine already.

If you connect your BB to a computer in mass storage mode and browse to the SD card > BlackBerry > podcasts folder, can you delete the file from there?
    01-21-11 04:20 PM
    That is strange...I've never seen that happen. I'm assuming you've tried the usual battery pull, uninstall and reinstall the app, etc., routine already.

If you connect your BB to a computer in mass storage mode and browse to the SD card > BlackBerry > podcasts folder, can you delete the file from there?
    I haven't done a battery pull and dunno that I can re-install podcasts if I were to delete it. Wudn't a reboot using the 3-key sequence on the keyboard do the same as a pull? My Torch is a week old and running the next to newest 6.0 version; I think 6.0.0.248. I have Desktop Manager installed. Is that what you mean by "connect in mass storage mode?"
    01-21-11 04:57 PM
    The Shift+Alt+Delete soft reboot may work, but actually pulling the battery out for 30 seconds and replacing it can often solve issues a soft reboot doesn't.

If that doesn't work, you should be able to delete BlackBerry Podcasts from with App World, let the phone reboot and then re-install it from App World (it will appear in My World under "Uninstalled" or you can search for it).

When you connect your BB to your computer in Mass Storage Mode, your SD card appears in Windows Explorer like another disk drive, and you can browse files, delete files, and copy music or photos on or off the SD card. Check out KB13564-How to enable or disable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry smartphone
    linda anne likes this.
    01-21-11 06:28 PM
    The Shift+Alt+Delete soft reboot may work, but actually pulling the battery out for 30 seconds and replacing it can often solve issues a soft reboot doesn't.

If that doesn't work, you should be able to delete BlackBerry Podcasts from with App World, let the phone reboot and then re-install it from App World (it will appear in My World under "Uninstalled" or you can search for it).

When you connect your BB to your computer in Mass Storage Mode, your SD card appears in Windows Explorer like another disk drive, and you can browse files, delete files, and copy music or photos on or off the SD card. Check out KB13564-How to enable or disable mass storage mode on the BlackBerry smartphone

I don't know why I'm having this problem with a brand new phone. I really don't want to get into uninstalling and reinstalling apps. I kinda think AT&T should have provided me with a working phone. I did pay for it and re-sign for 2 years. Are there any "negatives" to setting up the "mass storage mode? Can I destroy the phone with it?" I looked at the link you thoughtfully sent, and the steps involved to set up mass storage. However, the last thing on the list is to "Enter your Smartphone password and press Enter." I didn't know I had a secret password? Where on earth did THAT come from?
    01-21-11 06:56 PM
    I had the problem that if the podcast I was trying to delete had ever been played, it would not delete and I got the same "The operation did not complete because some files could not be deleted. Please try again." Try playing the podcast, then pressing the "stop" button within the media player. Then go back to the episode list and delete from there. Works kind of the same way as a file that is in use not going into your recycle bin in Windows or deleting from recycle bin on Mac. That worked for me - hope it helps.
    linda anne likes this.
    01-22-11 10:51 AM
    I had the problem that if the podcast I was trying to delete had ever been played, it would not delete and I got the same "The operation did not complete because some files could not be deleted. Please try again." Try playing the podcast, then pressing the "stop" button within the media player. Then go back to the episode list and delete from there. Works kind of the same way as a file that is in use not going into your recycle bin in Windows or deleting from recycle bin on Mac. That worked for me - hope it helps.
    Thank you for the tip! I cannot delete un-played podcasts at all. I can only delete if I un-subscribe, or have played one, but with difficulty; your tip may make it easier. I think the podcast implementation is very flawed and will probably give up and just "hide" or delete it. It is very sad. I was so looking forward to this feature.
    01-22-11 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD