Anyone know how to cancel your credit card details on BB App World?

My credit card has been re-issued upon imminent expiry, retaining same card numbers but different 3 x security code digits on back.

In BB App World I have unsuccessfully tried to update the expiry date and enter the new security code. It won't let me, gives me error message 11000.

The easiest way around this would be to delete or cancel this account and start afresh - but - there are no options to do this and BB help does not touch on this subject.

Updating credit card details must be a common enough event amongst users of BB App world across the world - so I don't understand why there is no obvious provision to change the details, or to cancel the account altogther.

Any clues anyone.
    10-13-10 12:56 AM
    How about creating a new blackberry ID and deleting the old one, or just using paypal to manage all the cards and using paypal with app world instead?

I'm sure you could just change it to paypal and keep the bb id without making a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 01:27 AM
    Hi Brian - thanks for replying.

I am attempting to create a new account for myself.

So, far bb app world mgr doesn't allow me to use the same email address as my previous bb app world account. Now - that is weird!

Attempted to create new account using alternate email address - seemed to accept - then went to enter master card details and got 11000 message again.

Cancelled out.

My card is good - still works fine - but when it expires (soon) I need to ensure that the new security code numbers have been accepted by bb app world.

The easiest way to proceed is for me to delete my account - but there is no option to do this.

Paypal doesn't interest me - thank you - but it is not the solution.
    Last edited by Heavens1; 10-13-10 at 02:11 AM.
    10-13-10 01:49 AM
    I would sat wait until it is past the time for the old card to expire and try to change it then.
    10-13-10 10:45 AM
    Thanks Tiassa

Well that would certainly be testing it ...

A bit strange that there isn't a 'delete account'.

Very strange ...
    10-13-10 06:11 PM
    A bit strange that there isn't a 'delete account'.
    Very strange ...
    Not so strange of RIM hired co-op students, recent university graduates, or cheap foreign workers to develop BlackBerry Application World (BB App World). Have you seen the horrid software these three groups of "software engineers" create on a regular basis? I find it odd there is no 'change billing method' option available; have you doubled-checked?
    10-13-10 06:23 PM
    Hi - yes - there are 2 choices - either PayPal or credit card.

But once you have entered your credit card details you can't 'delete' the credit card account.

You can create an alternate credit card account - which doesn't help me.

There definitely is no 'delete' credit card option.
    10-13-10 06:30 PM
    Maybe you can update it when you are intending to make a purchase
    10-13-10 06:49 PM
    Hi Jude

thanks - I have made some purchases and looked for that option - but unfortunately they are maintained separately in the bb system, so to speak.

In other words I can't update and make a purchase simultaneously.

Ohhhh to be that easy!!
    10-13-10 07:06 PM
    Anyone cancelled their credit card on bb app world before?
    10-14-10 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD