Ok, I am having a bit of an issue here. Whenever I login to Facebook using the BB app (not the mobile site), I beging receiving email notifications of what happens on my FB profile. When I log in to my FB account on my PC, I notice that email notifications for SOME events are turned on. I have already changed them to OFF a few times since this began to happen. But they keep turning on whenever I login again using the FB app.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any permanent fix for this?

Thanks!!
    03-28-09 03:28 PM
    If I remember correctly doesn't facebook have it so you respond with "stop" and they will stop emailing you? Maybe that was Myspace... Oh well.

Make sure on the actual Facebook website you have your mobile notifications turned off. I proceeded to delete my facebook app and that pretty much solved the issue for me.
    03-28-09 04:23 PM
    Through your facebook settings
    03-28-09 04:29 PM
    That's the thing, every time it happens, I change my FB settings on my PC, and as soon as I log in again on my BB's FB app, emails beging to arrive again...
    03-28-09 05:14 PM
    Login to Facebook on your PC... go to Settings > Account Settings > Nofifications tab, then change what you want to be notified and what you don't want to be notified of.
    03-28-09 05:17 PM
    Fatboy and other, thanks for the possible solutions, but as I mentioned, I already did that, and without me doing a thing, the notification settings revert to being ON as soon as I use the BB app.
    03-28-09 05:20 PM
    That is weird!
    03-28-09 06:12 PM
    I'm coming to Puerto Rico at the end of April, i will see if i can help u out then lol!!
    03-28-09 06:13 PM
    Really??? LOL!!!
    03-28-09 07:14 PM
    try deleteing the whole program from your blackberry.
    03-28-09 07:44 PM
    And so I did, it seems to have fixed the problem.
    03-28-09 11:44 PM
    Really??? LOL!!!
    Yeah for my Honeymoon! Drinking, eating, Chillin on the beach, etc......
    03-29-09 12:17 PM
    Ok, it's happening again! I uploaded a pic via BB's FB app, and all of a sudden emails begin to arrive with status changes, pokes, replies to messages, etc.

What gives???
    04-03-09 07:11 PM
    Latest version of FB for BB is still doing this... is it FB's fault???
    05-02-09 08:30 AM
    You are remembering to hit the Save button, aren't you?
    05-02-09 02:28 PM
    Ok, I am having a bit of an issue here. Whenever I login to Facebook using the BB app (not the mobile site), I beging receiving email notifications of what happens on my FB profile. When I log in to my FB account on my PC, I notice that email notifications for SOME events are turned on. I have already changed them to OFF a few times since this began to happen. But they keep turning on whenever I login again using the FB app.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any permanent fix for this?

Thanks!!
    having the same issue, wen u turn of email notifications via pc....everything is OK, as soon as u login with the BB app...it overides that...sending a storm of email notifications to ur BB - unecessary battery usage!

It IS the BB app thats causing this, i know for sure, but seems to be no settings to turn it off.......

anyways, i shall un-install that Facebook BB app, i'll just wait til i log on via pc to see my notifications, or use the Berry's Browser.

if there is a fix, lemme know..
    05-06-09 12:30 PM
    I opened a service case with RIM. So far, their proposed solutions have not been effective. I will call and see what they are doing about it from their end.
    05-06-09 02:41 PM
    I opened a service case with RIM. So far, their proposed solutions have not been effective. I will call and see what they are doing about it from their end.
    thank u! post results as soon as u get em!
    05-07-09 01:44 AM
    I just called RIM, and their toll-free number (1-877-255-2377) is not accesible from where I live, Puerto Rico. I already sent an email to them asking for another phone number that is not international/ long distance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 09:56 AM
    This is still happening, it's VERY annoying, and there seems to be no fix yet....
    05-25-09 09:46 AM
    Open the FB app, press the blackberry button, go into options and change some of the options. I too found it annoying getting the FB notifications so I just changed the options, we'll see what happens. I'll report back if the messages stop or continue.
    06-01-09 04:39 PM
    I have had a blackberry Curve since August and ever since I installed the facebook app I have been having the same issue. I need the app to upload photos from my phone. Everytime I login my notifications go on, and I don't want them on. Then, I have to get on the PC and change them. It's so annoying.

If anyone knows anything worth mentioning please let me know!!
    06-14-09 05:20 AM
    What I have done in the meantime is create an e-mail filter for all Facebook notifications sent to my Gmail account. No more BB messages!

BTW, I have sent RIM a few messages from their FB for BB page regarding, and I have not received a response...
    06-14-09 08:17 AM
    Use Spam filter to Filter your Email from Facebook...
    It will stop notification for good if everything fail...
    06-14-09 12:46 PM
    Ops you already know that, sorry i didnt see the last post
    06-14-09 12:49 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD