I used Device Manager, BB Device Switch Wizard to move all my info, data and apps from my 9700 to my new 9800. BB App World and BBM don't work now. I think I ended up overwriting the OS6.0 versions with the OS 5.0 ones that were on the 9700. I can't seem to find them to reinstall. Will I have to download the latest OS6.0 to my PC and then use BBSAK or something to reinstall the BBM and App World files? I'd like to avoid wiping and resetting the entire 9800 if I don't have to.
    08-19-10 12:09 AM
    First, try a battery pull and see if that makes the apps work.

If that does not work, check and see if you have both bbm and app world listed under your applications. If you do, delete them. Then using the browser on your phone, redownload blackberry app world (this can be done by "googling" blackberry app world and the first link will take you to the download page). Once installed, reboot your phone if prompted, if not prompted perform a battery pull. When the phone restarts, launch blackberry app world and download the new version on bbm (it was just released and works fine on my Torch and I'm running os .161).

I hope this works for you
    08-19-10 09:35 AM
    trying calling att
    08-19-10 09:36 AM
    Go to Desktop Manager 6 and click applications and you should see an exclamation point beside the missing apps. Just re-click and reload and you should be all set.
    08-19-10 09:36 AM
    go to desktop manager 6 and click applications and you should see an exclamation point beside the missing apps. Just re-click and reload and you should be all set.
    ^^^this!!!!^^^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 09:56 AM
    I thought it was odd that even going to www.blackberry.com/messenger and trying to download, it said my device didn't support it. I ended up redownloading it from BB Beta World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD