on my Torch? Is there a free App to allow me to open attachments and read them.
    11-09-10 09:47 AM
    Documents To Go available for the Torch?
    11-09-10 09:56 AM
    Weird because when I had my 9700 I had Docs To Go "free ver". So after starting this thread I realized I didn't have it for my Torch so I loaded it by DM. So now I have DTG free ver but still can open a doc that my lawyer sent attached to email. Its a Word doc. I fisrt tried to view it from email then I tried DLing it then opening it from DTG still can't view it! Any suggestions? I could view other PDFs from work emails. TIA for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 07:36 PM
    Weird because when I had my 9700 I had Docs To Go "free ver". So after starting this thread I realized I didn't have it for my Torch so I loaded it by DM. So now I have DTG free ver but still can open a doc that my lawyer sent attached to email. Its a Word doc. I fisrt tried to view it from email then I tried DLing it then opening it from DTG still can't view it! Any suggestions? I could view other PDFs from work emails. TIA for any help.
    Disclaimer: I have no real knowledge of OS6 except for a brief loading period of the new leak on my 9700, which was immediately uninstalled due to many bugs.

Maybe you could try an uninstall/reinstall. That may help.

Also, I am a bit confused with the highlights of your post, and need clarification. Are you trying to open a WORD document or a PDF file? DTG (free) should open word (doc)/xls/ppt documents received in the native email app. But, in the same paragraph you mention that you could open PDF files. DTG (paid) is the only version I know that can open PDF files, and is actually an add-on. Are you sure that you are trying to open a word document or is it actually a PDF file?

See the DataViz site here:
    Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    11-09-10 07:51 PM
    You can open PDF's received in email in the BB Browser, is that what you're talking about?
    11-09-10 08:57 PM
    I'm trying to open a word doc from email. I just want to read it. Is this an OS6 issue? No probs on my old 9700. Like I said before, I noticed I didn't have DTG loaded so I did with DM. And did reboot again nothing is working. Thanks MADBRAD for trying to help.

Scrid...I didn't realize that with the pdf it was the browser. I always thought it was dtg that opened them. That's for that info too! Always appreciate good help around here. This is just so frustrating because I just wanna read some docs. Is it maybe because its the newest ver of Word?

11-10-10 04:21 PM
    Maybe the file is corrupted or was created in an incompatible format or even created in a word processor other than Word.

11-10-10 07:34 PM
    Well good news is I can open Word etc files. I have no idea why the other word docs wouldn't open but have since adding DTG been opening them. Thanx everyone for your reaponses and trying to help. :-)

11-12-10 03:31 PM
    I unfortunately delete Documents To Go from my BB 9860 Torch. Please anybody suggest how to re-install on my BB ...............
    01-20-13 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD