I would like to know how to block "unknown number" or "private caller" numbers.
    10-17-09 09:00 PM
    10-17-09 11:38 PM
    Tried em all they all suck,just create a profile called don'answear and give it a mute ring tone
    Except call control lite works fairly well as the first layer
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by johnstruck; 01-07-11 at 05:09 AM.
    10-18-09 12:12 AM
    Cant get $hit to work on my Tour either. Apparently AddOnIsPro will fix this.. we shall see.
    10-19-09 01:46 AM
    Cellularity Privacy Manager will let you block all private numbers.

10-19-09 02:01 AM
    I would like to know how to block "unknown number" or "private caller" numbers.
    A free app from Crackberry entitled Black & Whitelist 1.51. It blocks my unwanted and private number calls. Try it, it might works for you.
    10-19-09 02:21 AM
    Just bought Call Blocker Pro from crackberry app store. I like that it has the option that it blocks peeps from even leaving a voicemail that you wanna block.

10-19-09 02:29 AM
    Just bought Call Blocker Pro from crackberry app store. I like that it has the option that it blocks peeps from even leaving a voicemail that you wanna block.

That's also what I like about Cellularity Privacy Manager. It's overpriced for what it is, but it'll hang up on the schmo instead of sending them straight to voice mail via the Leave-Me-Alone Express.

I wish there was an app that would prevent the calls from ever going through in the first place. THAT would be sweet...especially if it would also give the caller a no longer in service tone/message.
    10-19-09 02:34 AM

probably the best app i got
    10-19-09 04:38 PM
    That's also what I like about Cellularity Privacy Manager. It's overpriced for what it is, but it'll hang up on the schmo instead of sending them straight to voice mail via the Leave-Me-Alone Express.

I wish there was an app that would prevent the calls from ever going through in the first place. THAT would be sweet...especially if it would also give the caller a no longer in service tone/message.
    I've used Antair's Call Screener program for a couple of years and it is 100% effective blocking all "unknown number" callers. It does send them to voicemail which is OK with me because I don't get a lot of those kinds of calls. I just don't like people screening their identity.

I just tried a program called BuzzOff. Installed it and hated it. It does have the function of "pick up and hang up" but the problem with it is that it allows your phone to ring a few times before picking up and hanging up. Don't want that. Don't want to hear a blocked number ring at all.

Got rid of BuzzOff and went back to Antair. Everything works well. Almost too well actually. One of my best friends just got a new phone system at his office and all of his office numbers are hidden as blocked numbers from his office. He's complaining that I never answer my phone anymore. Not true. But now all his calls from his office are all blocked and always go directly to voicemail. At least I know Antair works perfectly.
    10-19-09 07:43 PM
    icall manager light has a pick up/ hang up option. I never know a call came in until I see it in the call log

...especially if it would also give the caller a no longer in service tone/message.
    Google Voice has this option for blocked callers
    10-19-09 08:00 PM
    Anything work well on the Tour?
    10-19-09 10:33 PM
    Cant get $hit to work on my Tour either. Apparently AddOnIsPro will fix this.. we shall see.
    Try the new version!! They have the new firewall fix released today!!! Go to this thread and download the proper version for your device!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/add...3/index82.html
    10-19-09 11:20 PM
    Oops. I was wrong. A cheaper software I tried did the hang up thing but Cellularity will ring busy (not hang up) or go to voice mail - your choice. I prefer the former because then they never get a chance to clutter my voice mailbox.

It'll ring once or partial on my end before it takes hold but I don't pick up until after the 2nd ring anyway.

10-19-09 11:31 PM
    Anything work well on the Tour?
    no. nothing. nothing at all ever.
    10-23-09 05:33 PM
    I have Cellularity's Privacy Manager and it worked for a while by dropping blocked/private calls, but now it sends them to voice mail. I believe this is due to a recent BB software update. I don't know but it's frustrating.
    08-11-10 11:30 AM
    Have you tied privacy star?
    08-11-10 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD