hi guys,
    any ideas on how to do that?
    I've searched for it in the forum, but people don't know about it, that's why i ask again
    thks
    david
    Last edited by davitz38; 01-28-10 at 06:07 AM.
    01-28-10 06:04 AM
    On my phone, I go to options>screen/keyboard and I scroll down to where it says Right Side Convenience Key Opens: and Left Side Convenience Key Opens:

Each of those have a drop down list that has every app installed on my phone. I just pick the one I want.
    01-28-10 07:45 AM
    Well that gets you two apps since you have only two convenience keys.

To Davitz38, I would read up on and consider purchasing Quick Launch. I have my left side conv key set to fire up quick launch. QL lets you create a little easily accessible submenu with the ability to fire off your most used items, be it an app, picture, video, website, etc.
    01-28-10 08:33 AM
    Like the above poster said, buy Quick Launch. It's an amazingly convenient application that is well worth the money spent, and you have shortcuts to everything you need with one push of a button.

If you don't want to purchase an app to do this, then your only other option is to download theme builder/composer and create your own theme with the desired hotkeys added in.

Also, if you turn "dialing from homescreen" off there are shortcuts to quite a few programs, such as "B" for browser, "U" for calculator, "N" for BBM, "M" for messages, "A" for address book, etc. A lot of third party apps are starting to have shortcuts, as well, on OS5.0. BerryWeather is assigned to "W" and Quick Launch can be accessed with "Q". Sorry if all of this is a repeat of things that you know, but I've seen quite a few people who had no idea that the option was even there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JayKayBee; 01-28-10 at 12:17 PM.
    01-28-10 12:14 PM
    thks JayKayBee, i have already tried all the things you said except creating my own theme, I might try to do that with the bb theme creator software thing
    it would be awesome if an app could assign a hotkey (shortcut) directly to a key on the home screen without having to launch their app everytime.
    thks
    02-03-10 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD