Hi there
    How can I access all my other Gmail email folders/labels using the native Blackberry app?
    Ive set it all up and am now on a Blackberry Data tariff but I cant see how to view my emails in my other gmail folders/lables?
    Nor can I see how to move emails from my Inbox to these other folders/lables.

Also how do I download all of the email currently in my inbox as I'm only receiving new emails as of when I set up earlier today? But I have about 60 emails in my inbox I'd like to have on my Blackberry Inbox.

Thanks

Device:Blackberry 8520 Curve
    09-22-11 04:47 AM
    Your blackberry won't "move over" emails that existed in your gmail account before you setup a bb/data plan.I think you will have to try forwarding them or re-send them to yourself if you need them on the bb so they will come in as new unread e-mails for a work around.Someone please correct me if I am wrong here or if there is an easier solution.Also natively the new mail just gets pushed to your bb.If you want to access all the labels/folders you can log into your gmail via the mobile gmail site or download the gmail app for more access to your stuff.Welcome to the forum friend.
    Last edited by SevendustG; 09-22-11 at 05:13 AM.
    09-22-11 05:02 AM
    So does the Blackberry not have imap capabilities?
    Also any ideas on the folders/lables issue?
    Thanks
    09-22-11 05:05 AM
    What OS version are you using? Do you have the enhanced gmail plug in installed?

I haven't tried Gmail on bb yet but I was asking a similar question a few days ago on the forums. Based on what people that replied told me, you could view the labels by first opening up your gmail messages inbox, open up the menu and select "view folders" and then select the folder/label you want. But I'm assuming this works only if you have the enhanced gmail plug-in installed and that's why I asked if you do in the beginning.

Hope this helps!
    09-22-11 07:04 AM
    Hi
    OS 5.0.0.681

If I look in the options in email on the Blackberry I can see
    Enhanced Gmail Plug-in Options at the bottoms of Message Options

If I go into that though all it says is
    Display
    Lines in Conversation

which you can adjust between 1, 2, 3 or 4.

When I press the Blackberry button in email

In the menu there is

open Conversation
    Add Star
    Archive
    Report Spam
    Mark Unopened
    Filter
    Labels
    More of Conversation

options I can click on

but when I go into Labels, I can tick the fields which show my various folders/labels, I click save, but this doesnt actually do anything?

Any help?
    09-22-11 07:23 AM
    Thanks
    if you sign into your BIS account I believe you can manually setup Imap/pop that way.You might want to try downloading the gmail plugin and see if it fits your needs.You will have full access and control over folders/labels that way and also access to the 60 or so emails that are already in your inbox from before.You'll still get your new email pushed to bb through the native app.If you google this stuff you will get a better understanding of how all this works.Personally I just log into my gmail via a computer when I need access to other folders etc...but the mobile gmail plugin will give you the same access as a pc on your bb.
    09-22-11 02:30 PM
    How can I access all my other Gmail email folders/labels using the native Blackberry app?

You can't, really. If you select Filter from the menu, you can look at messages with different labels, but only at messages on your phone.

...how to move emails from my Inbox to these other folders/lables.

This is possible, but the native email app doesn't provide solid confirmation of what you're doing. Highlight, or open, an email conversation. In the BB menu, select Labels. Check the box for the label or labels you want assigned to the conversation. Press the escape key and save the changes when prompted. You return to the inbox with nothing apparently different, but the conversation has been labeled. At this point, you can open the BB menu again, select Archive, and the message will vanish from your inbox, but will be archived on Gmail with the label you assigned to it.

Also how do I download all of the email currently in my inbox as I'm only receiving new emails as of when I set up earlier today? But I have about 60 emails in my inbox I'd like to have on my Blackberry Inbox.

Your best bet, and something that would also be helpful with your other needs, is a program called LogicMail. Very, very good tool for working with Gmail folders and accessing messages within them as needed. Here's a link:

LogicMail for BlackBerry

This won't bring messages into your native email inbox, but it will give you access to them.
    09-22-11 05:04 PM
    Hi
    OS 5.0.0.681

If I look in the options in email on the Blackberry I can see

Display
    Lines in Conversation

which you can adjust between 1, 2, 3 or 4.

When I press the Blackberry button in email

In the menu there is

open Conversation
    Add Star
    Archive
    Report Spam
    Mark Unopened
    Filter
    Labels
    More of Conversation

options I can click on

but when I go into Labels, I can tick the fields which show my various folders/labels, I click save, but this doesnt actually do anything?

Any help?
    my bad I meant to say the gmail app for blackberry gives you the access as you would access it on the pc. Google for BlackBerry try that I think you will be pleased with it .
    09-22-11 05:36 PM
    docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/9643/View_message_specific_label_714298_11.jsp
    09-24-11 06:32 AM
    I use the gmail app to access my old emails I've deleted on my phone.
    09-24-11 07:40 AM
    Thanks
    Yes your BB gmail can be set up as IMAP which is the way I have mine set up.

Sign into your gmail acct. from your PC and go to your acct settings and since I have not been into mine in some time(No need to) on one of the tabs you will see where you can switch from POP3 if that is how you have it now to IMAP where it will tell you that you are going to move, switch or something like that from POP3 to IMAP.
    You will like it that way much better and get your email much faster as well. Just remember to set up on your BB when you get the first emial set up as IMAP or tick the box to delete from your server and device unless you want to keep it on your server and manually do it on occasion that works for you.
    09-24-11 05:53 PM
    Yes your BB gmail can be set up as IMAP which is the way I have mine set up.

Sign into your gmail acct. from your PC and go to your acct settings and since I have not been into mine in some time(No need to) on one of the tabs you will see where you can switch from POP3 if that is how you have it now to IMAP where it will tell you that you are going to move, switch or something like that from POP3 to IMAP.
    You will like it that way much better and get your email much faster as well. Just remember to set up on your BB when you get the first emial set up as IMAP or tick the box to delete from your server and device unless you want to keep it on your server and manually do it on occasion that works for you.
    Its already set up as POP3 and IMAP enabled online. I always was.
    Im not sure I ever saw an option when setting up googlemail on my Blackberry to tick IMAP.
    I am wiping my Blackberry and starting from now again now so will advise on what happens shortly.
    Thanks
    09-26-11 05:05 AM
    docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/9643/View_message_specific_label_714298_11.jsp
    This only seems to make it so you can view whats in the one specific folder you tick since you last had anything delivered on your blackberry to that folder.
    I know I have tonnes of emails in these other folders that my Blackberry cannot see though.
    09-26-11 05:07 AM
    I use the gmail app to access my old emails I've deleted on my phone.
    Yeah, thats an idea I suppose although I couldnt use this as the main way to be alerted of new emails on my Blackberry as you dont get alerts like the native email client.
    09-26-11 05:08 AM
    if you sign into your BIS account I believe you can manually setup Imap/pop that way.You might want to try downloading the gmail plugin and see if it fits your needs.You will have full access and control over folders/labels that way and also access to the 60 or so emails that are already in your inbox from before.You'll still get your new email pushed to bb through the native app.If you google this stuff you will get a better understanding of how all this works.Personally I just log into my gmail via a computer when I need access to other folders etc...but the mobile gmail plugin will give you the same access as a pc on your bb.
    Hi
    As I said though

Display
    Lines in Conversation

No other options. What other options should be here?
    09-26-11 05:10 AM
    This only seems to make it so you can view whats in the one specific folder you tick since you last had anything delivered on your blackberry to that folder.
    I know I have tonnes of emails in these other folders that my Blackberry cannot see though.
    Naturally you can only view the emails you've received on your bb. Your bb won't download all the emails in those folders.. it will just download the one's you receive after setting up your email on your bb. To view all your past emails in a specific folder, download the gmail app:

Gmail for mobile
    09-26-11 05:30 AM
    Naturally you can only view the emails you've received on your bb. Your bb won't download all the emails in those folders.. it will just download the one's you receive after setting up your email on your bb. To view all your past emails in a specific folder, download the gmail app:

Gmail for mobile
    So it HASNT got IMAP functions then?
    09-26-11 06:22 AM
    You cannot do what you're asking on BlackBerry. You must have come from an Android, where that is how gmail is set up. I know what you're describing. Android handles gmail better than BlackBerry. It syncs all mail in your gmail, and you can set the number of days and which labels to sync. Not possible on BlackBerry.
    09-26-11 06:36 AM
    You cannot do what you're asking on BlackBerry. You must have come from an Android, where that is how gmail is set up. I know what you're describing. Android handles gmail better than BlackBerry. It syncs all mail in your gmail, and you can set the number of days and which labels to sync. Not possible on BlackBerry.
    Hi
    Actually, I'm coming from an iPhone 3GS.
    Bummer that it cant do it. I was always told that Blackberrys were the best for email. It would seem they are not anymore. Shame
    09-26-11 06:39 AM
    Personally I like email on my Android a lot more than on my BlackBerry. Blackberry was the first to have great email, but I wouldn't say the best any longer.
    09-26-11 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD