Hi all,

I've been hovering around these forums for a while now and they have been really useful in resolving issues I've had in the past.

This time I'm a bit stuck !

I have a Bold 9700 which has been working great. Its provided by my employer and has been setup with the company BES server. I also set up my hotmail account on it which has been working great. I had 2 mailbox icons on the front screen, one for work (desktop) and the other for hotmail.

As of the last couple of weeks I have not had any alerts when I received a mail in the hotmail mailbox, the desktop one for work is still working fine. I've tried all the usual checking of alerts but to no avail. It seems like the alert for the hotmail mailbox under "Message alerts" is not even present anymore. I know that this was definatlely there as an option in the past as I had different tones configured for my work mail and my hotmail.

In trying to fix this by removing all the hotmail settings and the 2 service books that look like they are related to hotmail I now have a second issue. I can no longer send mail from the hotmail account. When I compose a message the send option is not there ! The only the option available is to save a draft. I have a feeling this has something to do with the "from" field missing but dont know how to fix this.

Weird thing is when I delete the hotmail service books the alert for the hotmail mailbox under "Message alerts" re-appears, obviously not much use because at that point as the mail is not correctly set up to receive anything.

As a last attempt to fix this I have just updated the SW to the lastest version in the sticky in this forum. No joy though :-(

Sorry for the long mail, I just wanted to get all the facts across.

Thanks
    Mal
    Last edited by madmal69; 06-03-10 at 09:11 AM.
    06-03-10 09:08 AM
    *Bump* Anyone.... please help.
    06-04-10 10:21 AM
    When you delete the Service Book entries for Hotmail, of course, you can not send or receive emails for that since there are no Service Book entries for that account on your device anymore.... did you try to resend your Service Books, or recreate the Hotmail account?
    06-04-10 10:34 AM
    When you delete the Service Book entries for Hotmail, of course, you can not send or receive emails for that since there are no Service Book entries for that account on your device anymore.... did you try to resend your Service Books, or recreate the Hotmail account?
    Hi Yes I know that, after deleting the mailbox and service books I add the mailbox again which also sends me the service books. Trying this does not fix the problem.

For some reason the service books for hotmail say "not allowed" and I can't change this. Could this be the issue ? If thats the case then I wonder why I can recieve messages and not send them ??? Do the service books also affect the way that the alerts work ?

Thanks for your help.
    06-04-10 12:39 PM
    Hi Yes I know that, after deleting the mailbox and service books I add the mailbox again which also sends me the service books. Trying this does not fix the problem.

For some reason the service books for hotmail say "not allowed" and I can't change this. Could this be the issue ? If thats the case then I wonder why I can recieve messages and not send them ??? Do the service books also affect the way that the alerts work ?

Thanks for your help.
    Sorry, I'm not sure what the issue is... I stopped using Hotmail shortly after I got my first Blackberry... I prefer Gmail now... Hotmail has too many issues as far as I'm concerned... left Hotmail and never looked back!!!

Where are you seeing "not allowed"???
    06-04-10 01:33 PM

Where are you seeing "not allowed"???
    When I look at the service books most of the service books have a tick next to them however the hotmail ones have a no entry symbol against them ??? After many attempts at deleting the service book and removing and re-adding the hotmail mailbox I still cannot reply to the hotmail mails and still no alert option.
    06-07-10 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD