I have Storm 2 and am on a BES server. I want to get a personal email and calendar that will sync (preferably wirelessly) with BB. I am trying hotmail, but the calendar is not syncing. Suggestions? Should I try another email or is wireless not an option? If wireless is not an option, how do I do it?

All help is appreciated.
    07-21-10 02:28 PM
    Hotmail calendar and contacts won't sync with BB (Blackberry sync for calendar and contacts). You can sync Hotmail email by adding your email account just like you'd add any other account. For calender sync I'd suggest using Gmail, which syncs wonderfully with the BB calender using the 'Google Sync' app.
    07-21-10 05:51 PM
    Windows Live Contact Sync is suppose to be a feature in the next BIS upgrade and I'm sure somewhere down the line the Calendar will join too. Right now, only a Gmail account would offer what you're looking for.
    07-22-10 08:50 AM
    I have Storm 2 and am on a BES server. I want to get a personal email and calendar that will sync (preferably wirelessly) with BB. I am trying hotmail, but the calendar is not syncing. Suggestions? Should I try another email or is wireless not an option? If wireless is not an option, how do I do it?

All help is appreciated.
    OMG! Thank you so much. I did it and got it to work. I am soooo happy!! Thank you.

One problem that popped up is that the calendar will not synce going from BB to gmail calendar, even on new entries. So I am researching that, but thank you so much. I am very happy!!
    07-23-10 05:22 AM
    When i make changes in outlook or in my BB it doesnt show up in the other one, untill i open desktop manager and syncronize my self.. is this normal or should it syncronize by its self???
    07-23-10 05:56 AM
    happens only with contacts.. calender is syncronizing itself..
    07-23-10 06:06 AM
    OMG! Thank you so much. I did it and got it to work. I am soooo happy!! Thank you.

One problem that popped up is that the calendar will not synce going from BB to gmail calendar, even on new entries. So I am researching that, but thank you so much. I am very happy!!
    I'm having the same problem. I posted yesterday (7/22/10) in Third-party apps; I didn't see this thread. I don't have a solution but I think the problem is that the gmail calendar would need to be the default calendar on the BB to sync back to gmail. I won't change my default calendar so I'm not going to test this theory. I'm just happy that it didn't put my non-gmail default calendar appointments on the gmail calendar.

I'm also having another problem: the gmail calendar syncs to my default calendar on the device, but I do have the gmail account set up as the one to sync on the Google Sync options.

I also suspect OS 4.5. I hope RIM improved the way calendars are handled in OS 5.0?
    Last edited by ttfmaep; 07-23-10 at 07:17 AM.
    07-23-10 07:09 AM
    You don't have to set your gmail calendar as the default on your BB, actually I don't even think that's an option. Google Sync should synchronize whatever calendar is set as the default on your BB with your Google calendar. Do you have more than one Google calendar? In Google Sync go to Options (menu->options) and at the bottom it says "Sync these Calendars". You can manage your Google calenders from the Google calender website by going to Settings-->Calendar Settings-->Calendar.

You can also try a manual sync in Google Sync on your BB. Menu-->Sync Now.
    07-23-10 06:04 PM
    This worked for me. So now it is syncing both directions. I went to Google Sync and But, so you know, I had to go to where it says sync this calendar and click and then remove it. Save it. then click there again and pick my calendar and save it and it started working.

One quick question, though, my contacts are now in my BB twice. Once for the original and now a second time as they were synced with the Gmail. Can I get back down to just each entry once or am I stuck with it the way it is?

Thank you to all for all the help...I am so happy!!
    07-26-10 02:37 PM
    leith,
    I'm glad you're happy. I have no idea how to eliminate your duplicates.

biznatch,
    Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. The problem is that I want Only the gmail BB calendar to sync with gmail online. I don't want my Default (non-gmail) calendar to sync with gmail online at all. I deleted Google Sync and put my gmail calendar appointments in separately online and on the BB. It's not ideal but I don't have too many appointments, and I'm happy now. One thing I was pleasantly surprised with is the email appointment reminder that gmail sends.
    07-26-10 04:30 PM
    FYI the reason I was seeing dup in my BB was because I was seeing them from BES and Hotmail. So once I chose in BB that I only wanted my BB contacts, the dups went away. FYI...just to let others know....I am still so happy!!
    07-29-10 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD