Now I know Blackberry OS app selection isn't the greatest compared to iOS and Android, but I have been pretty happy with what I have had access to in previous incarnations of the OS.... Until today when I popped in my SIM into my 9810 and weeped as App World said "Not available for this device" on nearly every app I use on a consistent basis - including paid apps.

Is this a sign of things to come? Is app development going to wane for 7 with QNX coming down the pipe soon? Will I ever get to play Wrath on my device? How about using the Canadian Press app? TwitVid? Weather Network? Etc.?

Sort it out developers! I would have expected most people to have made their apps compatible already. This is really disappointing and not what I expected at all.
    09-29-11 12:19 AM
    Why? In the real world, developers only develop an app if they think they will make money on that app. There really isn't much reason to develop a BBerry OS "7" application if the platform is a short lived stop gap. Supposedly, RIM will offer a brand new platform, QNX, NLT early Q3 2012. One that isn't backwards compatible, so again, why would anyone expend development time on a dead OS?
    09-29-11 01:25 AM
    Everybody has been saying this all along. Os7 is a DOA platform just like windows 6.5 was.
    09-29-11 01:53 AM
    There are approximately 9 gajillion threads about this already.
    Zach7 likes this.
    09-29-11 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD