Hi all,

If anyone has had issues like I have this morning after searching the forums and not finding much help, I think I've found away to get around this awful Gmail plugin issue. First of all, this is to help you receive email once you've decided the plug in doesn't work for you. Personally, this didn't work for me at ALL, I couldn't send or receive email but whatever.

So... if you've uninstalled the gmail plugin and still can't get email, this is how I got mine going again.

1.) Start by going to gmail.com and checking your settings. Click on 'settings' in the upper right corner. Then navigate to 'forwarding and pop/imap'. ENABLE POP for all mail, DISABLE IMAP. (I know this is reversed from what gmail wants you to do.)

2.) Delete your gmail on your handheld. So, select 'setup', then 'email settings', delete.

3.) Set up a new email account on your BB but use the workaround where you can specify your settings. So, select 'setup', then 'email settings', 'add'.

4.) Choose OTHER (even though you have gmail).

5.) Under email address, use your gmail address but after the @ use a fake sever name like pmail. ([email protected]) I know this is incorrect, but it allows you to get into the setting.

6.) Put in your password, click next. On the next screen choose "I will provide settings for this email account." Then choose personal email, then I will provide the settings.

7.) Now, correct your information so all your email settings are right (i.e, make the name gmail.com now, not pmail.com, password, etc.)

8.) NOW go to the last field, where it says email server. Type in pop.gmail.com. THIS IS THE KEY!!!

My problem was that my phone wouldn't recognize the IMAP server for whatever reason. And, since now Gmail's default setting is to set up IMAP, you need to trick the phone into reverting back to the pop server. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by discstu37; 08-23-09 at 01:14 PM.
    08-23-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD