Yesterday I received a reply from Skyfire regarding download of any Beta of their web browser for BB. Fingers crossed that Skyfire just may still come out for BB. Personally, I would pay $ for a class A web browser that had Flash ability. What issues remain are unknown to me but hopefully they can go public beta before the end of the year.

"Skyfire for the BlackBerry is currently in limited alpha testing. There is no ETA for an expansion in testing at this time. No release date has been announced for a production version of Skyfire for the BlackBerry."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 07:50 AM
    While I have been a pda user for some years, I'm new to the alt browser game. What make skyfire so anticipated? What other platforms has it been on? What are the indications that it will be better than bolt or opera? Thanks!
    03-04-10 08:36 AM
    While I have been a pda user for some years, I'm new to the alt browser game. What make skyfire so anticipated? What other platforms has it been on? What are the indications that it will be better than bolt or opera? Thanks!
    WinMo and Nokia use Skyfire browser to display flash videos.

thats it'

I had Skyfire on a HTC Dual Touch i had a while back and it was nice but a serious battery hog.

it wold be no different that bolt, if bolt supported flash.
    03-04-10 08:38 AM
    This is all I know, none of the 3 browsers that now run on BB can play flash, Skyfire (see their website) can play Flash, so if it plays Flash, then you can watch most any video on your BB for example, PBS shows you missed or shows streamed on NBC's web site. Most online movies and tv shows operate using Flash (anyone correct me here).

03-04-10 08:42 AM
    Bolt does support Flash. For example, Bolt plays Youtube videos and everybody knows that Youtube videos are encoded in the Flash format. Bolt's Flash support is not universal and it appears to be compatible in only a very few very specific scenarios.

I'm sure Bitstream are planning to expand the support for Flash and I don't imagine Opera are prepared to be left behind. Anything that prompts them to release updates is a good thing.
    03-04-10 11:55 AM
    Bolt does not play flash. The youtube videos you watch on your BB are not flash. They a 3gp. Every mobile device with a browser and ability to stream music/video can play youtube videos. I could on my Samsung Delve and that was the crappiest "premium" phone ever.
    Last edited by Seven.07; 03-04-10 at 12:09 PM.
    03-04-10 12:05 PM
    Most of the mobile platforms are getting flash 10.1, which is the problem with Skyfire, it's functionality will be surpassed by most platforms pretty soon... It's resolution doesn't look that good and it's a huge battery drain.
    03-04-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD