I downloaded this app because the google talk app that came with the 9930 kept logging out, not sending/receiving messages and being generally unreliable. IM+ is definitely more reliable but holy crap, does it drain battery. Along the lines of 10% per hour when sitting IDLE.

Does anyone know what to do to get better battery performance while using this app? (I have the premium version). Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-24-11 09:05 AM
    Have you tried using IM+'s Push Mode? You can carry out an entire conversation via emails in offline Push Mode if you so choose. Doing that gives you 0% battery drain per hour, since IM+ is not even running.

Again, I'm just saying that it's an option, not necessarily a solution.
    10-24-11 09:40 AM
    I have used push mode - the odd thing is that it adds my email sig to every message it sends which is sort of odd if you are IMing someone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-24-11 09:51 AM
    Oh right, I had that too.

So instead of my regular email address (which I initially set up IM+ to use), I switched it to my [email protected] address, and removed the signature line from that email address. I never use the @carrier.blackberry.net address for REAL emails, so it worked perfectly -- plus the added bonus of being instant (important for IM'ing) because my regular email address was a POP3 box.

With the signature line gone, none of my contacts can tell I am using IM+ in Push Mode. But you're right, the sig line would be a giveaway hehe.
    10-24-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD