Hockey Scores for Blackberry has been upgraded to version 1.5 for all supported devices, and is now available for free through BlackBerry AppWorld. In addition to resolving the issue the caused the service to temporally go down, a number of new features were added improving the battery life and providing additional game statistics.

The Hockey Scores app that is the simplest and most effective way to get NHL scores from across the league straight to your BlackBerry. It is lightweight and fast in order to give you scores and statistics can be updated as quick as possible, and require no effort your part.

New Features
    • Improved Battery Life
    • Face Off Percentage
    • Hits
    • Corsi Number
    • List of Goal Scorers
    • French Language Support
    • Font and Colour options

Supported DevicesVersion 1.5 of Hockey Scores is supported on all BlackBerry Devices with OS 4.6 or newer. This makes the upgrade available to everyone who used version 1.3 of the application. The full list of supported devices at this point include the 8220, 8230, 8350i, 8520, 8530, 8900, 9000, 9500, 9520, 9530, 9550, 9630, and 9700.

Corsi Number
    Unlike Hits and Shots on Net, Corsi Number is a bit of a more unknown statistic and could use some additional explanation. In short it is a measure of how much offensive possession a team has. The Corsi Number is named after Buffalo Sabres goaltending coach Jim Corsi who helped popularize the statistic. The Corsi Number is calculated as the differential in shots, including not just shots on net, but also missed shots, and attempts blocked. This can be calculated for either individual players or the for the team as a whole. The Hockey Scores application calculates this for the team, and also displays a "-" rather than any negative Corsi number in order to avoid overstating the difference between the two teams, as technically one team's Corsi number is always the inverse of the other team's.

Pearl Flip note
    The Peral Flip version of Hockey Scores for the BlackBerry 8220 and 8230 does not display the goal scorers due to limitations in the screen size. All other statistics and options are however included.

12-15-09 09:47 AM
    I upgraded to the new version, and now it will not load. It just sits there indefinitely with the only thing showing on the screen is "Loading Hockey".

I even deleted it and reinstalled, did a battery pull, and swore once. I liked the first version of the app, and used it a fair bit.

Any ideas?
    12-22-09 09:51 AM
    the only thing showing on the screen is "Loading Hockey".
    Unlike a "no connection" message, this is rather just the result of the data loading very slowly. As there were problems with the BlackBerry system as a whole when you posted this, would you mind trying again and seeing if the application works for you now? The application really should not be getting stuck in that state.
    12-24-09 09:44 AM
    It did end up working just great for me, thanks.
    12-27-09 09:24 PM
    I'm getting the loading message again is this not working again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 08:21 AM
    I'm getting the loading message again is this not working again?
    Apparently this has run into issues again. We are testing a fix, and hope to have an update available to everyone by this weekend.

Thank you for your patience and your support of the Hockey Scores application
    01-20-10 09:52 AM
    Ok thanks for the response.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 10:40 AM
    Version 1.6.0 of the Hockey Scores application was sent to RIM for approval yesterday, and should hopefully become available for download early next week. However guessing the length of time that the approval process will take is really a shot in the dark.
    01-23-10 11:45 AM
    I hope it's soon. I find that I leak memory using Score Mobile.
    01-25-10 09:52 AM
    Version 1.6 of the Hockey Scores application is now available through BlackBerry AppWorld.

Download here
    01-26-10 08:59 AM
    Grrr cant download it for my Storm 2.
    01-26-10 08:12 PM
    Not sure if it's an issue with the app or with app world but I had ended up having to uninstall app world and reinstall before it would recognize an upgrade was available instead of just reinstalling 1.5 over and over again. Yes I did delete it and make sure it was not just archived.
    01-27-10 09:27 AM
    Grrr cant download it for my Storm 2.
    The Hockey Scores application should work for the Storm 2. Please try again, apparently appWorld is having some serious problems right now...
    01-28-10 02:22 PM
    I just tried this, now, hockey scores application is working fine. There is no any error in this.
    03-22-10 11:57 PM
    Bump. Not working.
    10-07-10 10:51 AM
    We just published version 2.1 to take care of the problems that the application was having. Expect it to be rolled out to your phone over the next day or so.
    10-08-10 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD