I recently downloaded an app that I want hidden on my Phone - but it showed up in my application switch shortcut (holding down the BB key)- is there any way to either keep the app from showing up at all or turning off the switcher.

I would also like to keep the hide option either off the menu or locked

I know - too many questions but there they are anyway !!!
    03-01-11 09:19 AM
    I'm guessing its some sort of tracking software that you don't want someone knowing is on their phone?

As far as i know you cannot hide running applications from the task switcher.
    03-01-11 09:23 AM
    As far as i know you cannot hide running applications from the task switcher.

the app switcher/manager is just that, if an app is running it shows in that screen. No way to not show it there. There is also no way to hide the hide option from the menu either. These are hard coded into the OS and has been a staple in every BB os to date.
    03-01-11 09:56 AM
    There's a guy who made an app (assuming you're looking for a tracking app) that's mostly hidden. It shows up under "third party apps" but does NOT show as running in the programs (long blackberry button press) list. check out moostrax.com
    03-01-11 12:10 PM
    Thanks everyone - the Information is appreciated
    03-02-11 12:07 PM
    There's a guy who made an app (assuming you're looking for a tracking app) that's mostly hidden. It shows up under "third party apps" but does NOT show as running in the programs (long blackberry button press) list. check out moostrax.com
    I know what you are telling, it's like Wifi Manager (which turn off and on your wifi depends of your location)

while it's true that you don't see it run in the background when it activate/deactivate the wifi, it does run, it listen to action and when that specific action is done, it run the apps and when the apps ran it close it,because the apps run very fast you are not able to see it running in background. It's not really hidden.
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 03-02-11 at 12:26 PM.
    03-02-11 12:23 PM
    just hidden 99% of the time
    03-02-11 12:33 PM
    Anyone can see whatever apps are running on their torch by selecting options/device/app management then swiping once to the left to see the heading "CPU" which displays which apps are using the torch CPU, and it lists that info for various time periods, such as right now, today, this week or last week. Pretty sure there is no way an app can be hidden from this view of the app's CPU usage.
    03-02-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD