Thank you very much
    I went to that page on viber website and I downloaded the jad file
    but it says that "the application requires the following modules which are not installed:
    net_rim_bb_browser_field2_api
    net_rim_networkapi
    net_rim_ui_api
    net_rim_bbapi_push

Please can you help me with this
    Thanks again
    Download your latest os for your device.
    Install it in your pc, then goto the java folder from os you installed and with bbsak you upload these missing cod files to your device.

Enjoy DelftEo
    05-16-12 08:10 PM
    Conflicting on the push notifications. I haven't opened the app in my phone for a while so was surprised when I heard a sound and a notification on my homescreen for the app. This only happens when the app tells me that a new contact has started using Viber. Twice now it happened. But no other Viber messages push through when it's closed.

update: A family member just tried to send me a message via Viber and the message they get is that I am no longer a Viber user. I have to log back into Viber (going through the whole BBM connecting process again). For the system to acknowledge that I am a Viber user, I have to send the person a message first before they can send me messages again.
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 05-28-12 at 10:18 PM.
    05-28-12 08:16 PM
    Contacted Viber support about my problems and they told me to update to the latest version released yesterday, Free Viber - Download Viber - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World Version: 2.1.17. So far, I've seen an improvement, no more lags, no more unexpected errors and the repeated reconnection to BBM on start up. Will see if my other issues are resolved.

Thanks Viber!
    05-29-12 04:34 AM
    When will viber come with calls?

Also, its a good thing that Viber can be fully closed to prevent messages from coming through. That saves my battery life, and I open Viber only when I need it.
    05-29-12 05:20 AM
    When will viber come with calls?
    I would not hold your breath. Viber said for months that the Messaging only app was weeks away. Now they are VOIP is months away. That could mean a year to never.
    05-29-12 06:47 AM
    Just upgraded my version of Viber to latest. Seems snappier now. Hope battery consumption improves to.
    05-29-12 09:00 AM
    upgraded mine too. was actually expecting the voip feature. oh well. have to wait.
    05-29-12 11:01 AM
    @evil.bunny -
    Thank you for your reports. Has the upgraded version solved your problems? Specifically, the problem with Push notification and the "User does not have Viber" error have been sorted out now?

@tang63 -

Releasing the beta version with messaging only is only the first step. We are working around the clock to bring the VoIP feature to our fans, and we hope to complete it within the next few to several months. We'll keep you posted with news.
    05-30-12 02:51 AM
    Thank You Viber Team for the response to my question!

I look forward to having VoIP calls. I rather wait for a proper and bug-free call experience rather than one that is rushed and with haste.

Cheers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-30-12 03:47 AM
    @evil.bunny -
    Thank you for your reports. Has the upgraded version solved your problems? Specifically, the problem with Push notification and the "User does not have Viber" error have been sorted out now?
    Hi, yes it solved the 'user does not have Viber' error, thanks for the quick fix on that. I still don't get push notifications for messages when the app is completely closed. I don't know yet if notifications for contacts joining Viber still gets pushed through despite the closed app.
    05-31-12 01:43 AM
    @evil.bunny -
    Our pleasure to assist our users This is the product of user reports to us.

If you reported the Push problem to our support team, then it's being processed these days, and we hope to attend to it ASAP.
    06-01-12 09:12 AM
    I've got a 9900 running OS 7.1.0.428 and I've installed Viber 2.1.17
    I've completed the activation however whenever I try to compose a message I get the hour glass constantly on and a message 'getting ready for first use' this never changes.
    Could this have something to do with me being a BES user? If so, when will you support BES users?
    06-04-12 12:12 PM
    I've got a 9900 running OS 7.1.0.428 and I've installed Viber 2.1.17
    I've completed the activation however whenever I try to compose a message I get the hour glass constantly on and a message 'getting ready for first use' this never changes.
    Could this have something to do with me being a BES user? If so, when will you support BES users?
    Hi,
    Do you mean that you're using a BIS data plan?
    If so, then Viber should work just fine on it (we took care of that).

Have you tested it on WiFi? Is the problem the same there?
    06-05-12 04:59 AM
    Hi,
    Do you mean that you're using a BIS data plan?
    If so, then Viber should work just fine on it (we took care of that).

Have you tested it on WiFi? Is the problem the same there?
    This is the problem, it only works when connected to Wifi. I have both BIS and BES and it doesn't work when I disable Wifi.
    06-05-12 05:12 AM
    This is the problem, it only works when connected to Wifi. I have both BIS and BES and it doesn't work when I disable Wifi.
    I'm assuming your BES is a closed network run by your enterprise/company, correct?
    Have you checked the possibility that they might be blocking Viber's traffic? (for example, Viber's ports may not be enabled through the system).

Have other colleagues/friends checked Viber on their Blackberry's on the same BES? What are the results?
    06-06-12 03:00 AM
    VIBER team. any updates?
    07-19-12 07:58 AM
    Unfortunately no concrete news yet.
    We've made some progress, but still can't provide estimates for release dates.

We are still working hard on it, and we promise to keep you posted once we have updates.
    07-20-12 02:34 AM
    hopefully you guys can get it out before the BER months begin. i think its safe to assume that millions of bb owners are waiting for the update.
    07-20-12 08:30 AM
    hopefully you guys can get it out before the BER months begin. i think its safe to assume that millions of bb owners are waiting for the update.
    The only app I'm waiting for this year! If it was also ported to PlayBook it would be a pipe dream come true, but I'd be happy with a phone release
    07-20-12 03:38 PM
    Viber just updated their app. No call as of yet, but now it includes group messaging, some bug fixes and profile pictures
    Last edited by blechnocturne; 07-24-12 at 12:30 PM.
    07-24-12 12:18 PM
    Yep.

We are still working hard on implementing our calling service, and once we have news, we will officially announce it

As always, we would love to hear your feedback and thoughts about the new 2.2 version!
    07-25-12 09:55 AM
    Yep.

We are still working hard on implementing our calling service, and once we have news, we will officially announce it

As always, we would love to hear your feedback and thoughts about the new 2.2 version!
    Better to inform us about the problem you people haven to implant this voip part in your app.
    I'm for sure there are Cb members who has the noledge to help you people.
    I'm not the person to help you, but there are app's that make the voip possible.
    Don't say all ways "working at it"
    It's not credible for your company.

Enjoy DelftEo
    07-25-12 01:03 PM
    I don't want to sound very negative on this product , since I have been using Viber for the Adroid for a long time.

But the latest update is so bad, I did not realized this, since I was on a business travel, but I make the mistake of updating it last Tuesday, when App World told me that there is a new Viber update.
    I have a Torch 9860 upgraded to 7.1.0.523 , but after the BB Restart :
    My BB start acting up, Random reboot multiple times, it's just crazy , and this is the worse stuff, when I make a phone call to anybody, my mic does not work, I keep on yelling to my friend , I can hear their voice, but they can't hear me.

After 1 day of all this craziness , it finally dawned on me that it is this apps that is causing it . I was on a plane back home, and immediately uninstall this evil app. Rebooting the Torch
    After arriving safely, my Torch is acting normal again, I can make a voice call finally, and so far after the last 2 hours ,, my Torch is holding up, no random reboot

So downloader beware ,,,, this app needs a long way to go . It can cause instability, and also massive memory leaks .
    07-25-12 08:55 PM
    @delfteo -
    We prefer letting our BB users that we are working on the VoIP option, rather than keeping them completely in the dark. We don't believe it hurts our credibility, since none of the updates we give are false. Integrating VoIP into some Blackberry devices and OS versions is not a technologically easy task, and that is why it is taking some time. We apologize for the delay, but we believe our fans would love to keep receiving updates and news.

@wtfdc -
    Viber for Blackberry should not have any effect on your microphone whatsoever, so it is highly improbable that the problems you encountered were caused by the app.
    07-26-12 09:33 AM
    @Viber .
    I disagree, after uninstalling the Viber app, I have confirmed after 24 hours of use, that my Mic is working perfect and my Random Reboot on the 9860 disappear .

I will just use Whatsapp and BBM , it's stable
    07-26-12 03:03 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD