Regard from chinese bber
    05-09-12 09:04 AM
    Anyone successfully using this beta on a VZW 9930? I have installed and removed a couple of times, keep getting spinning clock at "getting ready for first use"... App World says it's compatible with Bold CDMA 9930, but Viber Media site shows only the following as being compatible: "The following devices have been tested with Viber: 8520, 9300, 9700, 9780, 9790, 9800, 9860, 9900"
    05-10-12 07:01 AM
    Can smb please post another link to download Viber, can't download from BlackBerry App World! Thank you in advance.
    05-10-12 08:53 AM
    @scottm123 - Please note that Viber does not yet officially support your device. Here is the list of supported devices found in our HelpDesk:
    Is your BlackBerry compatible with Viber (system requirements)? | Viber Support

This may be the reason for the problem you're experiencing.
    Meanwhile, we invite you to open a support ticket in this direct link and let our support team know about this issue, so they could investigate it and see if anything can be done: Your ticket details | Viber Support

@eugenx -
    For your convenience, here is a link to a page in our HelpDesk with a direct link to Blackberry's .jad file: Can't download from the AppWorld? | Viber Support
    Scott8881 likes this.
    05-10-12 09:47 AM
    Downloaded it today. Only have 5 friends actually using it already... but seems cool.
    05-10-12 04:52 PM
    Looks promising, thanks Viber Team, keep up the good work!
    05-10-12 05:07 PM
    I just downloaded it, but I don't receive any access code, also I tried the another method of getting the code which was the call from viber, but no income call. What's happening that i cannot receive the code.
    05-10-12 05:27 PM
    Thanks Viber Support, I'll look forward to trying it when you have aversion compatible with my CDMA phone, thanks!
    05-10-12 07:51 PM
    I have a BB, my wife has Android. Rather then buy text service for just a few texts per week. This will be nice. I installed on her Android which went well. On my BB it can't sync with my BB phone address's. Tonight at home I'll see how fast text is. I can pull up my BB adress's in other button, first text from her Android took ten minutes but it appears my BB was still trying to sync with my address book. I'm sticking with it as I need and app like this!

UPDATE: Had to delete from both phones, messages went directly from my BB to her Android, but no luck from Android to BB. I stumbled upon Google Talk for BB and she already had Talk on her phone, worked right away after install. So if you need Text now between a BB 7 phone and and Android, try Google Talk.

Hi all,

I am an official member of the Viber R&D Team!

We are really excited about our fresh (and much anticipated) release of Viber for BB [beta]. We're here on Crackberry to collect your feedbacks, questions and ideas - feel free to let us know your thoughts at any time

For critical errors, such as the one described above (upon installation), please use this direct link to report it to our support team, providing the full details: Your ticket details | Viber Support

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.
    Last edited by mawil1013; 05-12-12 at 06:22 AM.
    05-11-12 09:20 AM
    Installed this on my 9900.

The pros:

Long wait is over and we have Viber for BB now.
    Messaging works.
    I can now send photos on a cross-platform app. I use, and still use KIK for regular cross-platform messaging.
    It detected all Viber contacts available from my contact list.

The cons:

Takes more than a minute to activate app.
    It slowed down my 9900 big time.
    Sometimes message doesn't get sent.
    It always shows hourglass.

Patch/update is needed asap. Will also wait for voip function.
    05-11-12 10:14 PM
    the app starts itself after each phone restart. Didnt really drain my battery from what I can tell... but it runs in the background without you opening it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-11-12 11:15 PM
    Drains the battery a bit more than whatsapp.
    Missing voip.

phone (9790) is not slowing down, takes a sec or 2 to load viber but not disturbing.

still very happy with viber next to bbm and whatsapp

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    05-12-12 03:25 AM
    I'm on 7.1.342
    I noticed after I unplug my phone from the charger and reset my phone in the morning, the battery drains really fast for the first few hours at a 9% discharge rate, after a while it'll slow back down
    That's the only gripe right now
    05-13-12 01:34 PM
    Phone is lagging, constant hour glass, memory leak! Happened after I installed Viber (I think) anyone else experience this?
    05-13-12 02:12 PM
    @Suppyworld -
    Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). If this doesn't help, contact our support team at Viber Support and Knowledge Base and give them the details of the problem.

@mawil1013 -
    Viber should work smoothly between all platforms, including between Android and BB. Please check if the problem occurs when both sides are connected to a high-speed WiFi network.
    If the problem occurs there as well, then we invite you to open a support ticket in this direct link: Your ticket details | Viber Support

Meanwhile, know that we are working these days on a second version of Viber for BB that will solve common bugs and errors, and also improve our servers' handling of the masses of BB users who are all using Viber these days

@egzbuen and @AbuYazeedUK -
    As I mentioned above, we're working on a second, fixed version these days. In order to help us gather information (so fixes will be complete), we'd appreciate if you could take a minute to report the problems in detail - especially the hourglass issue - to our support team at: Your ticket details | Viber Support

Thanks in advance

@StephDOGG -
    Viber runs in the background upon reboot of phone since it acts as a substitute to your regular messaging service. This is how we see Viber's purpose
    As you said, the battery consumption of Viber when running in the background should be minimal.
    alex20 likes this.
    05-14-12 05:49 AM
    Does RIM have an API to allow changes to the default Contacts?
    Id rather see a VIBER icon next to my contacts in the default address book that RIM provides than having to open VIBER and see them all again in there.

Or maybe an option to just show VIBER users instead of your entire address book again...
    05-14-12 06:38 AM
    Does RIM have an API to allow changes to the default Contacts?
    Id rather see a VIBER icon next to my contacts in the default address book that RIM provides than having to open VIBER and see them all again in there.

Or maybe an option to just show VIBER users instead of your entire address book again...
    Currently, the option of integrating Viber's icons into BB's native contact list is not possible. You still have a nice possibility and that is to choose a contact from your RIM contact list, and then pick the option "Send a Viber message" from the menu

About seeing only Viber users - this is in fact already possible inside Viber itself. You can view only the contacts who have Viber installed.
    05-16-12 02:56 AM
    Same as Hookt really, it has to be open and running to receive messages so drains the battery when not in use. WhatsApp still the daddy when it comes to these type of messaging apps. Only when something betters WhatsApp will I be turned.
    05-16-12 04:14 AM
    @jordandub -
    Hi,

Please explain what you mean by "it has to be open and running to receive messages" ?

Viber should still remain completely available even when its completely shut off, thanks to the BB Push Notifications.
    05-16-12 04:29 AM
    @jordandub -
    Hi,

Please explain what you mean by "it has to be open and running to receive messages" ?

Viber should still remain completely available even when its completely shut off, thanks to the BB Push Notifications.
    Unfortunately after all this time, the app itself is very barebones and lacking in functionality, even for a basic text app.
    It has greatly increased my battery drain levels, as I and other have said, it does not use BB push notifications, you need to open the app for it to refresh messages, therefore it is undependable and provides less features than just about any other text messaging app.
    Personally I have deleted it as it adds zero functionality in its present form, eats my battery, and I never get anyones messages.
    Interesting to note is all similar apps allow users to check that the push functionality is working and change notifications and sounds etc, Viber allows neither, the settings or options menu provides no real details or options, and its actually trying to offer less features and options to users than other apps do.
    Deleted it and now have a new appreciation for WhatsApp.
    Will try reinstalling if/when voice comes to BB but hopefully by then BB10 will be out and proper VOIP apps will be out.
    05-16-12 07:57 AM
    @jordandub -
    Hi,

Well I went to close/exit the app and it gave a warning message saying something along the lines of 'you will no longer be able to receive messages...'. I'd want a notification I was getting messages even when it is closed (like WhatsApp does)
    05-16-12 08:09 AM
    @bobauckland -
    If you're not getting Viber's text messages through Push while the app is closed, then it is a bug. We actually haven't heard similar reports from users, so we kindly ask you to take a minute and report it to our support team at this direct link: Your ticket details | Viber Support

Thank you in advance.

About the battery drain - we are checking this issue these days, and we hope to fix a more optimized version of Viber for BB.
    05-16-12 08:12 AM
    Hello everyone
    Please help me with this !!
    I have blackberry 8520. As you know all guys viber released the application for the blackberry finally, however I can't download it because it's only there on (appworld.blackberry) I'm in Iraq right now and the appworld doesn't work in this place at all lol. So please can anyone upload the "cod" or "jad" extension for the application or tell me where I can find it ?
    I would really really appreciate it!
    Thank you very much in advance!
    05-16-12 08:18 AM
    Hello everyone
    Please help me with this !!
    I have blackberry 8520. As you know all guys viber released the application for the blackberry finally, however I can't download it because it's only there on (appworld.blackberry) I'm in Iraq right now and the appworld doesn't work in this place at all lol. So please can anyone upload the "cod" or "jad" extension for the application or tell me where I can find it ?
    I would really really appreciate it!
    Thank you very much in advance!
    Hi,

You can use the direct link to the .jad file in our official HelpDesk, in this page: Can't download from the AppWorld? | Viber Support
    cerulean1987 likes this.
    05-16-12 08:21 AM
    Thank you very much
    I went to that page on viber website and I downloaded the jad file
    but it says that "the application requires the following modules which are not installed:
    net_rim_bb_browser_field2_api
    net_rim_networkapi
    net_rim_ui_api
    net_rim_bbapi_push

Please can you help me with this
    Thanks again
    05-16-12 10:24 AM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD