05-08-12 03:41 AM
    It's a great news...what about viber for playbook..is it coming.any news? Plzzz make it available..
    05-08-12 04:36 AM
    Thanks! Waiting for voip. But still thanks!
    05-08-12 05:12 AM
    Finally! Been waiting for this

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-08-12 05:45 AM
    Awesome, looks good, very fluid, but is it just me or are the alerts not at all customisable? They don't seem to be showing up in the profiles setting so you can't mute the sound alerts unless you mute all notifications. Also, you can customise the alert sound. Seems a bit bizarre as this means the LED notification customisation programs won't pick up on Viber for BB either.
    Wonder if this was a design decision? Pretty big handicap at the moment, but its good to see some progress.
    05-08-12 06:58 AM
    Just installed this and seems to be laggy in my BB. Probably need to do another battery pull. Will test how this goes.

Looking forward to further developments and to voice calls!
    05-08-12 08:02 AM
    BETA... yay! no voice
    05-08-12 09:14 AM
    Did a couple of battery pulls, noticed that it takes a minute or more to launch the app. Also, every time I first launch the app after a batt pull, it asks me to connect it to BBM again. Then after everything sets up, I get this message, "Uncaught exception: Application Viber(239) is not responding; process terminated." I press 'OK' to get rid of it and try to launch it again (again, it takes more than 1 minute, during which it freezes my phone). After re-opening the app (without a reboot), it shows my message history.

I have Whatsapp installed and when I opened up the app noticed that it cannot detect any Whatsapp users from my address book. It's blank now. My messages are still there with just numbers and no names. Can anyone else using both apps confirm if they've experienced this or not?

Also, I have the Viber app installed in my iPod, which works perfectly, using the same number. I noticed that messages sent in my BB are not appearing in my iPod. I didn't get a 'deactivation' or 'installed in another device' message. My Viber on my iPod now can't seem to send messages (pending) and tried making calls and it says it can't detect that I have a WiFi connection. So I am guessing that they sort of deactivate access from one device. I had someone call me on Viber and it gave them the message, "currently this user cannot be called through Viber. To send a free Viber message instead, press 'Continue' ", which means the Viber servers are detecting that I'm using the latest installed BB app sans voice calls.

I want to test it out some more but won't be keeping the app long since I need the voice calls on my iPod, unless I find another number to use.
    05-08-12 09:25 AM

I have Whatsapp installed and when I opened up the app noticed that it cannot detect any Whatsapp users from my address book. It's blank now. My messages are still there with just numbers and no names. Can anyone else using both apps confirm if they've experienced this or not?
    I am not experiencing the lag or the error, but I can confirm the WhatsApp bug.
    All my whatsapp contacts are now shown by number and not by name.

I have deleted it, rebooted and voila whatsapp contacts are shown by name again.
    I think the layout is fine and the messaging app is solid although basic but for now i'm holding off on reinstalling until some of the early beta bugs are ironed.

All in all a good beta app.
    evil.bunny likes this.
    05-08-12 10:18 AM
    Downloaded the app.. But when I try and open it, it says "Error starting viber: Error loading module 'Viber' verify error." .. I did a battery pull,, and still the same thing.. Then deleted at re installed, and still the same thing... What can I do?!?
    05-08-12 10:22 AM
    I have deleted it, rebooted and voila whatsapp contacts are shown by name again.
    I think the layout is fine and the messaging app is solid although basic but for now i'm holding off on reinstalling until some of the early beta bugs are ironed.
    Thanks for the feedback. Good to know I'll get back the proper Whatsapp list once I uninstall Viber.
    05-08-12 10:42 AM
    Hi all,

I am an official member of the Viber R&D Team!

We are really excited about our fresh (and much anticipated) release of Viber for BB [beta]. We're here on Crackberry to collect your feedbacks, questions and ideas - feel free to let us know your thoughts at any time

For critical errors, such as the one described above (upon installation), please use this direct link to report it to our support team, providing the full details: https://support.viber.com/

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.
    Last edited by Viber Team; 05-08-12 at 11:15 AM.
    05-08-12 11:00 AM
    Downloaded the app.. But when I try and open it, it says "Error starting viber: Error loading module 'Viber' verify error." .. I did a battery pull,, and still the same thing.. Then deleted at re installed, and still the same thing... What can I do?!?
    05-08-12 11:11 AM
    Installed it on my bold 9900 os 7.1 and all works just fine, nice!
    I installed it to my wifes 9360 7.0 too, but it wont show any contacts.
    So i wrote a message to her that appeared flawlessly in her viber app, she can see and answer the chat, but im still not in her contact list...so when she closes the chat she wont be able to message me.

In short, viber wont fetch her contacts from the contact list while it does just fine on my bold, anyone else with that problem?
    05-08-12 01:24 PM
    Just so people know, I thought Viber killed my WhatsApp and was preparing to delete it but it turns out the WhatsApp servers seem to be down as confirmed with my iOS and Android toting friends and WhatsApps twitter support feed.
    In any case, jurys very much out on Viber for BlackBerry.
    No sound customisation, no video and file sharing apart from pictures, no clear explanation on whether its using BlackBerry push services, and it doesn't seem to be, messages seem to load only when the app is in the foreground, all in all, Im quite astonished they took over a year to release something so far behind the competition. Very disappointing so far.
    Last edited by bobauckland; 05-08-12 at 04:27 PM.
    evil.bunny likes this.
    05-08-12 02:21 PM
    Just so people know, I thought Viber killed my WhatsApp and was preparing to delete it but it turns out the WhatsApp servers seem to be down as confirmed with my iOS and Android toting friends and WhatsApps twitter support feed.
    In any case, jurys very much out on WhatsApp for BlackBerry.
    No sound customisation, no video and file sharing apart from pictures, no clear explanation on whether its using BlackBerry push services, and it doesn't seem to be, messages seem to load only when the app is in the foreground, all in all, Im quite astonished they took over a year to release something so far behind the competition. Very disappointing so far.
    Are you talking about Viber or WhatsApp?
    In case you're talking about WhatsApp:

1. Sound customisation is available
    2. Video sharing available
    3. Usage of push services

In case you're talking about Viber:

1.2.3. It's beta.
    05-08-12 02:24 PM
    viber team. would you be able to have an eta for the full version? 1month? 2months?
    05-08-12 03:01 PM
    Thanks, I hit refresh on my Whatsapp contact list and everything is back to normal.
    05-08-12 04:49 PM
    @COPiSEN -

The problem your wife experiences could have different reasons. Please read this short guide in our HelpDesk with possible workarounds for that issue: BlackBerry: Contact list is not showing your friends as Viber users? | Viber Support

@bobauckland -
    Viber is using BB's push services, and the features you mentioned are under development these days.
    About the time it took us to release it - please note that Viber is both a VoIP and a messaging app, unlike other apps that are already available on BB and other platforms.

As a company with limited resources, it's important to understand that other projects that are pending development need to have their attention as well.

As we said, our Blackberry project was and still is of very high importance to us, and we will continue working around the clock to bring new and innovative features to it. We ask our fans for patience
    05-09-12 02:57 AM
    thanky i found the missing country code in the sim card options of my wifes handheld.
    added it manually and shortly after this it synced the contacts.

now im just looking forward for the call option, good work so far i like it!

i know its still beta but besides the call option im missing integration into the bb sound profiles, atm i cant configure a custom alert and led light, is that implementation planned?
    05-09-12 04:31 AM
    I've been getting a lot of requests about Viber LED customization, i hope Viber team decides to integrate with blackberry sound profiles soon
    COPiSEN, tooberk and mssca like this.
    05-09-12 04:55 AM
    Hi all,

I am an official member of the Viber R&D Team!

We are really excited about our fresh (and much anticipated) release of Viber for BB [beta]. We're here on Crackberry to collect your feedbacks, questions and ideas - feel free to let us know your thoughts at any time

For critical errors, such as the one described above (upon installation), please use this direct link to report it to our support team, providing the full details: Your ticket details | Viber Support

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.
    Great news, thanks alot! Downloading it now, any ideas when a full version will be available? I'm sick of skyping friends abroad on my PC!
    05-09-12 06:17 AM
    @COPiSEN and @Sultan Al Sooz -

Thanks for the kind compliments, it's nice for us to hear that our users are enjoying the app
    Please keep in mind that this is the very first released version of the [beta] Viber for BB. More cool new features are planned for implementation in the future, including the ones you mentioned.

@alex20 -
    We still don't have an exact release date for the addition of VoIP. Few to several months is our estimation, but keep in mind - it's only an estimation
    COPiSEN likes this.
    05-09-12 07:34 AM
    When will voice be available?
    05-09-12 07:39 AM
    When will voice be available?
    anwer given just above your post!
    05-09-12 08:09 AM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD