Greetings CB Nation! I decided to write this thread to let Mr. Sultan Al Sooz, developer of Advance OS and LED, know how much I appreciated ALL of his hard work just to see fellow BB users smile!

First Mr. Sultan I want to personally thank you for making my Blackberry experience a more pleasant one! Sometimes, I'm ashamed at how ungrateful people (don't worry, I'm looking in the mirror too...) can be. I know it's tough because many people don't know the blood, sweat, and tears you have put into this project. It was great in the beginning, but even better now. You deserve the best recognition possible! Please don't be disheartened by customers that may not know the value (sleepless nights, answering EVERY email, Facebook/Twitter, CB message, the countless bug fixing that you do, the individualized attention that you give each person that reaches out to you...) You don't have to do this, but you do it with kindness and respect! There are many shady, spamming developers out there that just want to make a quick dollar....you strike me as being far from that kind of developer.

So, Mr. Sultan, my hat's off to you...and a job WELL DONE!

(P.S. if you are unfamiliar with this app, PLEASE check it out- it is awesome! Many, many apps and customizations all within one....you'll love it!)

Thank you for reading.
    01-31-13 02:56 PM
    Nice! There are many threads on here stating the same opinion (I've written one of them) and a lot of good info on how to use the application to its full potential. Check them out-in fact one is in this forum a little farther down. Sultan does an amazing job with this application and his support.
    peacefulberry and brodcaster like this.
    01-31-13 06:25 PM
    Nice! There are many threads on here stating the same opinion (I've written one of them) and a lot of good info on how to use the application to its full potential. Check them out-in fact one is in this forum a little farther down. Sultan does an amazing job with this application and his support.
    I agree, and I apologize...I didn't see the other threads. I just thought that with some that have criticized his work harshly, it was time to give him the credit he was due. His work went unpaid for a long time, and he still has a great free version of the app. Everyone knew that his free app was better than most paid apps, and still the demands and critiques continued. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if we keep on requesting this MEGA APP to do everything we ever needed in a smartphone, then it was bound to become a paid app. I guess 20+ apps in one wasn't good enough for some, but it was great enough for me and I wanted him to know. Thanks again for reading and sharing.
    01-31-13 09:31 PM
    I agree, and I apologize...I didn't see the other threads. I just thought that with some that have criticized his work harshly, it was time to give him the credit he was due. His work went unpaid for a long time, and he still has a great free version of the app. Everyone knew that his free app was better than most paid apps, and still the demands and critiques continued. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if we keep on requesting this MEGA APP to do everything we ever needed in a smartphone, then it was bound to become a paid app. I guess 20+ apps in one wasn't good enough for some, but it was great enough for me and I wanted him to know. Thanks again for reading and sharing.
    No apologies necessary! There are a lot of threads on here that can be very repetitive (not yours) and we don't always see them. ADV_OS is indeed a great application and most of us that have bought the paid "Pro" version didn't need to as the free version does everything you will ever need--but we did it to support Sultan and his crew. You are correct when you say that the amount of work that goes into developing an app or a hybrid OS is unknown to most. I have a good friend on here that is a hybrid builder and his hybrids are brilliant! But no one knows the hard work that he puts into developing his hybrids and making sure they do what he says they will. The hybrid makers especially, do not get paid for their work but do it so the rest of us out here can reap the rewards of their hard work. I hate it when I see any hybrid maker or good developer on here get blasted by someone that wants something for nothing and just wants to complain. We need less of that an more of people trying to help others that need assistance. Thanks for you post.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 02-01-13 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Typos
    02-01-13 03:41 PM
    Great thread!!

I've been using and promoting AdvOSLED when it was just AdvLED. This is my number one app, and I use it all of the time. Although there will always be a few complainers, and late adopters, AdvOSLED literally replaces over 15 separate apps and tools, and combines them into an ultra small package. I've never experienced any issues, with any of the builds, and I've been through all 16.1.2 versions of this app!
    02-01-13 04:17 PM
    You are correct when you say that the amount of work that goes into developing an app or a hybrid OS is unknown to most. I have a good friend on here that is a hybrid builder and his hybrids are brilliant! But no one knows the hard work that he puts into developing his hybrids and making sure they do what he says they will. The hybrid makers especially, do not get paid for their work but do it so the rest of us out here can reap the rewards of their hard work. I hate it when I see any hybrid maker or good developer on here get blasted by someone that wants something for nothing and just wants to complain. We need less of that an more of people trying to help others that need assistance. Thanks for you post.
    I certainly agree...would you mind sharing one of your favorite hybrids? I have never tried one, and would love to check it out.
    02-01-13 09:13 PM
    This is unexpected but it sure put a smile on my face when I read this thread, thank you

Hope you continue to enjoy my app.
    Lehomer and Mecca EL like this.
    02-03-13 08:43 PM