My yelp app on my Blackberry Tour worked fine about 2 months ago. Since then I updated to the official 5.0 OS. Now my Yelp app does not work at all. It gives errors saying it was unable to determine my connection type and/or says it can�t determine my location. I have uninstalled, installed, and reinstalled in app world and OTA via browser several times. Tried several battery pulls before and after installing and uninstalling several more times. Permissions look fine. And whenever I reinstall it, the icon goes back to where I put it (first line in the apps folder) instead of going into downloads.. so obviously it is retaining some yelp app information.. which may be causing my problem. Any idea what I can try besides completely wiping my phone?
    03-18-10 11:48 PM
    Ok my first advice would be to un and re install the app but youve done that. So i would check with yelps developer they may not be supporting the 5.0 os. Im not familiar with what exactly yelp does. But i know that poynt supports the new os. So you may try that until yelp moves on up.
    03-19-10 04:05 AM
    Same problem here. Has anyone confirmed if this is really a 5.0 OS issue or otherwise?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 09:48 PM
    Still broken for me. Seems to support OS 5.0; mine's just broken.
    04-07-10 12:06 AM
    Same problem here. Has anyone confirmed if this is really a 5.0 OS issue or otherwise?

Still broken for me. Seems to support OS 5.0; mine's just broken.
    Yours and at least one other person. Have you tried reaching out to the developer? Do they have a tech support email? Or their own Forum? What other apps are you guys running, do you guys use themes? If so try using the default zen theme instead.
    04-07-10 09:04 AM
    I just updated my Bold to os 5.0 and have the same issue.

04-19-10 02:43 PM
    Any idea what I can try besides completely wiping my phone?
    It has been long enough, so I concluded that this was a no. I did a wipe then tried it, and it worked. Then I restored from a backup file with desktop manager, and it stopped working again.. So wiped again, but this time I didn't restore from a backup. I only used enterprise activation by hooking it up with outlook set up with my work's exchange server. Pretty much everything went back to normal, but I had to set up all my applications' settings and reg codes again. Now Yelp works
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-18-10 at 12:11 PM.
    05-18-10 01:55 AM
    I just did another uninstall, hard reset, fresh download/reinstall and now mine works.
    05-18-10 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD