I downloaded the "whereareyou" app on my storm and it seems to have downloaded okay but it asked me to change the permission of somethings. Everything was set to ALLOW so i didnt change a thing. However, when I had my girlfriend text my phone to have the GPS coordinates text back to her phone, nothing happened. what do i need to do? does having Verizon affect anything?
    12-20-08 02:41 PM
    I would imagine Verizon "Half A$$" locking of the GPS has something to do with that. It may not be compatible.
    12-20-08 02:45 PM
    why the **** would you want your girlfriend to know where you are with GPS coordinates? She could just call you and ask you.

this is the single stupidest thing i have ever heard.
    12-20-08 02:49 PM
    I used her as an example!! its an insurance policy for my phone!! If I lose it I can text it from any mobil and get the GPS coord. Who wouldnt want that?? Do you actually think she will be able to do anything with the numbers that get text to her!!! Its not gonna say."yeah, im at the Mall with your sister" ******!!!!!
    12-20-08 02:53 PM
    hey dirty, use your head and maybe read whats on your screen a few more times before you make yourself look like an ***!
    12-20-08 02:55 PM
    hey looks like your trying the app i made.. please post any problems in the thread i started for the app.. also did you set to allow her to get your location? when you start the app hit the bb button and select manage allowed contacts. then hit the bb button again and select add ne contact... you will be able to select a contact from you bb phone book and the number the app will look for will appear in the add screen after you choose her (or who ever for that matter).. I realize what your trying to do aka recover a lost phone via text and this will be an added feature in the future rather than needing to add your gf... please pm me or post your problems in the original forum if you have any other questions
    08-17-09 07:36 AM
    correction i guess iva created an app with the same name and same funtionality but i guess the one you downloaded may not work at all... feel free to give mine a try as it is currently in open beta
    08-17-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD