I downloaded shangmail onto my 8350i but i do not know what to do after that. i want to use my yahoo account but none of the choices end with (.com) Their choices are yahoo.com.cn and yahoo.cn and neither works for me when i go to bind account and then select common. Pls someone help or put me out to a thread that explains this!! Thanx!!

If there is a simplier email application ill be happy to know that too because i cant figure out how to send emails on this phone. Everything else works great though on the boost network
    10-02-09 02:28 AM
    Unless you have a paid account with Yahoo! forget it. Yahoo! doesn't have free pop accounts!
    10-02-09 05:50 AM
    You can switch Y! interface to UK and then you should get pop3 options...
    10-02-09 06:26 AM
    Go to the mailbox management and click on "other email address" and enter in your yahoo info, I use it with my yahoo.com without any problems
    10-02-09 09:45 AM
    thanx guys i have it working now
    10-02-09 01:25 PM
    Hey,
    If you want to use yahoo with pop3 for free go to izymail.com
    now listen you will get a free trial and then once it expires it will send your e-mails looking as a normal text. wich I dont care because its free.
    10-14-09 12:35 AM
    thanx guys i have it working now
    What are the settings for POP3 Settings? Mine is and gave me Account Information Error:

Account Type: POP3
    Incoming Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.cn
    Port Number: 995
    SSL (checked)
    Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port Number: 465
    SSL (checked)
    10-16-09 08:33 PM
    Help! Bump
    Need help setting up Yahoo email with Shangmail. Settings for POP3 is:

Account Type: POP3
    Incoming Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com.cn
    Port Number: 995
    SSL (checked)
    Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port Number: 465
    SSL (checked)

And it's giving me Account Information Error
    10-18-09 04:30 PM
    Go to the mailbox management and click on "other email address" and enter in your yahoo info, I use it with my yahoo.com without any problems
    What do you put for "mailbox" & "show" names? It wants the name of the "mail-box" and name displayed??? Do I need to enter any server options info?
    12-30-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD