Im close to my limit on device memory for saving apps. How do I change it to save them to my memory card?
    05-05-09 07:49 AM
    You cannot install applications other than the device memory.
    Sounds like you have too much themes installed, if so, try to keep 2 or 3 of your favourites, at a time.
    Theres a lot of power users here, who still manages well without sacrificing the 30MB free threshold.

besides, on my <other brands> devices, having applications installed on the media card just gave me nothing but ****.
    05-05-09 08:01 AM
    You can store uninstalled apps on the memory card to be installed to the device memory later when you need them. Just download the .jad file on your PC, open it in a text editor and get the name of all the .cod files and save them all to the same place. Then open the .jad file in the media player (hit bb and select Explore to browse for it) and it will ask if you want to install.

I have used this method to install apps when my network coverage was too poor to sucessfully install OTA but I happened to be sitting in front of my computer with my USB cable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 08:25 AM
    or just copy the .jad and .cod files in one folder on the sd card, and install from there when you need the app (basically what card loader or whatever that app is called does)

most ota apps can be downloaded using Blackberry OTA downloader | download free OTA themes to your desktop
    05-05-09 08:35 AM
    Cool thanks
    05-05-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD