I just updated my TORCH wirelessly to the latest OS bundle. Now I've lost ALL my pre-installed apps except the appworld and those I consider utilities (memopad, calculator, clock, etc.).

HELP PLEASE! ='(
    10-31-10 11:09 PM
    Did u install the iPhone emulator module???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 02:36 AM
    I just updated my TORCH wirelessly to the latest OS bundle. Now I've lost ALL my pre-installed apps except the appworld and those I consider utilities (memopad, calculator, clock, etc.).

HELP PLEASE! ='(
    App World is included in the OS now, so that means you've lost all apps.

In which country do you live? Who is your carrier?

It's a hassle, but you'll be able to re-install all your apps. Were your apps from App World, CB Superstore (Mobihand), or other sites? Were any paid apps, and where did you get them?

So I take it that all your personal data was securely restored, as you don't mention it?

11-01-10 03:45 AM
    Always do a backup of everything before you update

11-01-10 03:47 AM
    Did u install the iPhone emulator module???
    Maybe save the jokes for a better venue. This is a person asking for help, and your "witty" post is not the impression he needs to get of the help he'll receive here. This might be a shock, but these Forums are actually not for your sole enjoyment.

11-01-10 03:50 AM
    I think the OP needs to define PREINSTALLED as the only thing preinstalled is app world, everything else come pushed to your device via carrier or are user downloaded apps.
    11-01-10 05:27 AM
    OP, if you are referring to apps installed before you updated, you should be able to simply change your PIN and re-install for those purchased or downloaded from CB App World. Those from BB App World, refresh your App list in My World and re-install. When all your apps have been re-installed, do a battery pull.

11-01-10 06:13 AM
    OP, if you are referring to apps installed before you updated, you should be able to simply change your PIN and re-install�
    Yeah, that's why I was asking for OP's carrier, to see if they even have Wireless Update for 9800. I read 1st post as meaning he already had a 9800, upgraded OS, and upon completion of OS upgrade all 3rd Party Apps had disappeared.

Hopefully he can clarify�

11-01-10 10:34 AM
    I think the OP needs to define PREINSTALLED as the only thing preinstalled is app world, everything else come pushed to your device via carrier or are user downloaded apps.
    I'm pretty sure he means that all he has now are native apps that come within OS: Messages, Browser, MemoPad, BrickBreaker, etc.
    App World is included in that list now too.

11-01-10 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD