I installed Google calendar sync on my blackberry curve (t-mobile) about a month ago, and everything worked great. I did the install via the Google mobile app that I had on my curve. Everthing synced automatically in both directions. Bliss.

Recently, I noticed some annoying duplication of events (seemed to be recurring events in my google calendar showed up multiple times on the same day in my BB calendar) that ended up 2 or 3 times in my BB calendar. Then, sync seemed to stop working entirely. When I opened sync I saw the message:

"Another sync client has been adding events to the BB calendar, to avoid duplicates Google Sync will not keep these events up to date"

This was particularly odd, because I stopped using the BB desktop sync software and also stopped using outloook, so I'm confused about what other sync client it is seeing.

So earlier today I deleted all events in my BB calendar by using the "sign out" option in google sync. That worked fine and I then began again with a sync from my goodle calendar to my BB. This also worked fine. HOWEVER, the duplicate events seem to have just gotten worse and I know have 4-5 duplicates of single entries (again these are appointments that recur in my google calendar -- typically weekly meetings).

REALLY appreciate any help/insight on this one. It's driving me batty!
    03-31-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD