i was able to download the application but when i try to register i'm getting a pop messages: "the application slacker_mobile has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy". I'm unable to complete the registration. what should i do to correct it?
    04-19-09 07:52 AM
    i was able to download the application but when i try to register i'm getting a pop messages: "the application slacker_mobile has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy". I'm unable to complete the registration. what should i do to correct it?
    Are you on BIS or BES? If you are BES there is no way around that. If you are on BIS it sounds like there is a pre-existing IT policy on the phone.
    04-19-09 08:29 AM
    yep. Its the IT policy from your job. Sucks for you sir.
    04-19-09 08:35 AM
    i got this phone from a friend. It was brand new from insurance trade. it was from his job or anything. How do i know if i have BIS or BES?
    04-19-09 09:10 AM
    i've used slacker and pandora and after using pandora dropped slacker. try pandora and see if you run in to the same problem
    04-19-09 09:58 AM
    Any ideas on how to get a station to uncache? It keeps saying "can't find channels. You may not have service"
    However I am able to stream stations just fine. Wierd.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 10:02 AM
    ok, now i know what BES/BIS mean. but i still dont know how i got that error messages because its not a BES phone/svc's.

i've used slacker and pandora and after using pandora dropped slacker. try pandora and see if you run in to the same problem
    thankx, ill try DL'ing that.

Any ideas on how to get a station to uncache? It keeps saying "can't find channels. You may not have service"
    However I am able to stream stations just fine. Wierd.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    look in youtube, they have a video there showing how slacker work.

*edit* Pandora work for me...i guess thats all i need. thankx, Rusty for pointing me to the other option
    Last edited by Roweazie; 04-19-09 at 10:17 AM.
    04-19-09 10:07 AM
    no problem
    04-19-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD