I downloaded MobiReader and a couple of e-books. I can find all on my 9700, but can't open the book I downloaded. I downloaded "The Art of War" from FreeBooks in BB App World. When I try
    to open the book it says the file is "unsupported". Also MobiReader does not have any instructions on how to use it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Eli

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    nineone likes this.
    06-27-10 05:59 PM
    you need to convert the free ebook to a mobireader ebook. I do it all the time with PDFs. It's really easy.

Mobipocket eBook Creator
    06-27-10 06:21 PM
    For MobiReader, any ebook encoded as a .prc file and saved in the eBooks folder on the media card should appear in the reader's list. Some books have digital rights management and are tied to your PIN, others are unprotected and can also be saved on your computer and viewed with the PC version of MobiReader.

If you can't get that "Art of War" version to work, CB store has my edition edited with easier numbering, formatted lists, and some of the archaic language corrected.
    06-27-10 10:20 PM
    First, make sure you have your BlackBerry's PID listed on your MobiPocket account (on their website). You can see your PID on the About page in the app. If the ebook has DRM, it can only be opened by the registered device(s).

If it is an ebook you previously downloaded (prior to adding the BloackBerry's PID), it will have to be re-downloaded. You can actually do this from the app itself by selecting "My Account" from the menu.

Next, ebooks need to be in the \eBooks folder, directly off of the root. If you're copying files from PC, you want to make sure they are in the correct location. If you are downloading them from within the app, they should go there automatically.

Once you start the app, it should open to the library view where you can see all of the books in the \ebooks folder. They can be .prc or .mobi formatted. The reader doesn't view other files (like .pdf or .txt).

If you use the Mobipocket Reader software on your PC, you can use it to sync files between both devices. The MobiPocket app has to be running on the BlackBerry, but once that is done, it will transfer ebooks, sync location, and sync annotations.

If you aren't going to sync with PC, you can press Shift-Q to exit the app. Closing the app any other way leaves a small portion of the app running to do the synchronization process. Shift-Q completely closes the app.
    08-26-10 07:47 PM
    First, make sure you have your BlackBerry's PID listed on your MobiPocket account (on their website). You can see your PID on the About page in the app. If the ebook has DRM, it can only be opened by the registered device(s).

If it is an ebook you previously downloaded (prior to adding the BloackBerry's PID), it will have to be re-downloaded. You can actually do this from the app itself by selecting "My Account" from the menu.

Next, ebooks need to be in the \eBooks folder, directly off of the root. If you're copying files from PC, you want to make sure they are in the correct location. If you are downloading them from within the app, they should go there automatically.

Once you start the app, it should open to the library view where you can see all of the books in the \ebooks folder. They can be .prc or .mobi formatted. The reader doesn't view other files (like .pdf or .txt).

If you use the Mobipocket Reader software on your PC, you can use it to sync files between both devices. The MobiPocket app has to be running on the BlackBerry, but once that is done, it will transfer ebooks, sync location, and sync annotations.

If you aren't going to sync with PC, you can press Shift-Q to exit the app. Closing the app any other way leaves a small portion of the app running to do the synchronization process. Shift-Q completely closes the app.
    hi,so i have a file etext12345.mobi for instance,but why cannot i open the file?i downloaded the ebook from freebooks.
    another way,from mobipocket reader app in my torch,an error message appeared when i clicked the eBookstore.error message "an error occured while accessing the list of eBookstores (network timeout).
    in a nutshell,i have mobipocket reader and i have file.mobi...how do i open the file?
    12-15-11 04:00 AM

hi,so i have a file etext12345.mobi for instance,but why cannot i open the file?i downloaded the ebook (etext file) from freebooks.
    another way,from mobipocket reader app in my torch,an error message appeared when i clicked the eBookstore.error message "an error occured while accessing the list of eBookstores (network timeout).
    in a nutshell,i have mobipocket reader and i have file.mobi...how do i open the file to read the book i downloaded?
    12-15-11 04:02 AM
    Hi.

I;ve been using MobiReader ever since my Nokia days, and I recently acquired a BlackBerry. I tried downloading Mobipocket's ebook reader at their website, but it's unavailable. Does anyone have a copy of MobiReader's .alx and .cod files?

Thanks!
    06-27-12 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD