I have two email accounts tied to my berry. One of them is my gmail account and that seems to work fine. Is there really any advantage to adding the gmail app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 07:14 PM
    I use the plugin and have no problems with it....It could be A LOT better, but works fine for labeling items, etc.
    03-03-10 07:18 PM
    I've got Gmail pushed to the berry using the IMAP trick and it's instantaneous. Never had the need for the app. I struggle with app space as it is without apps I can do without.
    03-03-10 07:24 PM
    What is the IMAP trick?

03-03-10 07:26 PM
    Well, I use the app and I love it because it has a different setting than my @att.blackberry.net email.that way I give my most important people the @bb one and the second most important-ish ones the gmail. Also, it's kinda small, I think, like only 500000 thingys - my technical term. Anyways, I didn't like that plug-in thing cause I suspect it disorganized my contacts.

03-03-10 07:29 PM
    I use the Gmail (not the Enhanced Gmail Plugin) app for when I wanna view all my mail or need it for something specific but then close it right after to conserve battery.
    03-03-10 10:11 PM
    from my side, no need for the gmail app. the gmail plugin serves nicely.
    03-03-10 10:17 PM
    I use both the app and the plugin, I really could live without the app. I do kinda like the pseudo-flick scrolling though. Another nice thing about the app is that during one of the email outages, I was able to open the app and "pull" my email. Other than that, I've not seen any distinct advantages.

03-04-10 04:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD