Has anyone seen a fake/half-baked Netflix app on AppWorld recently called "Netflix -Now Available?"

I have had a less-knowledgeable family member enter my Netflix credentials into this app (that the family member claims looked "official") earlier this week. I didn't think anything of it, hearing that Netflix was "coming soon to BB10" but after hearing that it "wasn't working" I discovered they had inputted my login into an unofficial app. No, this wasn't the Flix app.

I checked in the family member's BB ID app profile and no record of this app is listed. They claim it wasn't sideloaded but through AppWorld.

Is it common for garbage/fake/scammy apps make it onto AppWorld? I have no way to identify or find this app and the name is fairly generic that Google searches don't turn anything up for me.
    01-31-13 07:47 PM
    Do you see the app on the persons blackberry? Kind of hard to install something without knowing where it is coming from.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-31-13 08:30 PM
    No, alas. My relative deleted it after it "didn't work" and after entering my username/password into it. He says it spawned a web-based frame to login to NetFlix's site so it may have been using whatever API NetFlix provides properly, but it's worrisome that there's no trace of it on AppWorld today.
    01-31-13 08:32 PM
    Ha! Google tags this thread as the first result for "Netflix Now Available" now.

Stuff like this from 2011 has me worried. I've changed the password already so I *think* the most anyone could have had access to is my billing address and a partial of my CC number.
    01-31-13 08:36 PM
    No, alas. My relative deleted it after it "didn't work" and after entering my username/password into it. He says it spawned a web-based frame to login to NetFlix's site so it may have been using whatever API NetFlix provides properly, but it's worrisome that there's no trace of it on AppWorld today.
    MobileMadness002 is correct.
    However, for this post I would now say check in the "uninstalled" filter of AppWorld from the device.
    What gets downloaded using a BBID is recorded there if uninstalled.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-31-13 09:05 PM
    Thanks for the help. Talked to the parent and it doesn't show up in the Uninstalled section. He claims he just manually deleted it to the trash. I guess there's no way to identify this thing and I have to hope my username and password aren't used for any identity theft.
    01-31-13 09:42 PM