Hello,

New bb user in trouble, installed new verizon update this evening. I ran a backup before istalling, but lost all my 3rd party apps. Any way to get them back?
    08-11-09 06:36 PM
    Did you use Desktop Manager to install the OS update? If so, you should have a "LoaderBackup" file with your third party apps as well as the rest of the info on your berry...

How many third party apps did you have?
    08-11-09 06:38 PM
    You have to backup your 3rd party apps. There are exact instructions on CB on how to do this. If you did back it up the run DM and you are all good. Did you update via DM?
    08-11-09 06:39 PM
    I always backup my 3rd party apps separately however berrysky is correct, if you upgraded via Dm then you already have a backup that should have been reinstalled towards the end of your OS upgrade
    08-11-09 06:40 PM
    Yes, I used DM. Not sure I backed up 3rd party apps though.
    08-11-09 06:41 PM
    Look in your My Documents folder for a LoaderBackup(date).ipd file with today's date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 06:42 PM
    Oh, Xliderider, still obsessing about how large that file is
    08-11-09 06:43 PM
    I have a .ipd in my documents that I created before I did the update. I now notice that lots of things are missing, like app world, brickbreaker, docs to go and many others!
    08-11-09 06:45 PM
    Pleas help. Really screwed it up now. Have no browser and keep getting messages that I have no service books.
    08-11-09 07:55 PM
    Hi I managed to loose all my 3rd party apps last night too. 8900 Curve. Any ways of recovering them??? I guess I did not back them up properly

tk
    08-11-09 07:56 PM
    Pleas help. Really screwed it up now. Have no browser and keep getting messages that I have no service books.
    On your phone, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table. Then push the menu button and select 'register now'.

Then, logon to your BIS account here and select the option to send service books:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Your 3rd party apps are another issue but hopefully these steps will at least get you back to where you can focus your efforts on them alone.
    08-11-09 08:12 PM
    What are '3rd party apps'?

And if you back up your phone via DM, does that automatically back up the '3rd party apps'?
    08-11-09 08:50 PM
    What are '3rd party apps'?

And if you back up your phone via DM, does that automatically back up the '3rd party apps'?

No, 3rd party apps are ones you download to the phone as the end user. A regular backup in DM does not deal with these as part of the backup file. There is a separate process for this and a great tuturial that explains it in the FAQ forum.
    08-11-09 09:20 PM
    And here it is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD