Hi, thanks for looking...

I have a work supplied 8310 (v4.5.0.81) and have bought some software online.

I used Desktop Manager v4.2.2.14 to successfully connect to my BB after many hours of trying to get BT working (M$ BT on Dell laptop... pairs ok but will not allow management) using a USB cable.

Then, following threads on this site, copied the three files from the software I bought (1x.jar, 1x.alx, 1x.cod) to a new folder I made in Device Memory but I can't see the .jar file to execute it when navigating the folder.

I tried copying the files to another existing media folder (Music) and still can't see the .jar file but can see the other two.

My question therefore is: Is it possible that my work has somehow disabled the ability to see and execute .jar files as part of a local security policy?

Cheers

Goose
    01-18-10 10:51 PM
    Sorry, changed the post I made, went and found info that may help you with this.

And it is possible your IT policy could be set to prevent this, also.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-18-10 at 10:58 PM.
    01-18-10 10:54 PM
    Hi BK... Thanks for your reply.

I had found that thread previously and done as it states further down... transferring the files to the device memory and attempting to execute the .jar whilst browsing, but to no avail.

That is why I am assuming there is a policy in place because everyone seems to think I should see the file from there and simply execute it.

Cheers.
    01-19-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD