Here is the situation:

I have a Bold 9900 and my wife has the Original Torch (9700?) and we would like to have 1 calendar shared between us. That is any changes she makes on her bb to the calendar shows up on my bb�s calendar and visa versa.

I have tried Google calendar but it�s a no go, I�ve tried every configuration I can think of with each scenario creating its own issues? It does not even have to have a web access component we would settle for a Bluetooth type connection, which is if our bb�s get close to each other they sync.

Can any of you help point us to an app a method that we could use to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
    Stingstar
    Last edited by Stingstar; 08-28-11 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Title changed to better direct/help others
    08-22-11 07:13 PM
    I was just pointed in the direction of office accelerator. It syncs with my microsoft outlook wirelessly. There is a charge of 25$ a month for it though. But you could do some research, there is also one cslled think post that's only 5$ a month. I'm not surer how it works with 2 users but those are the ones i know of.

Hope this is of some help.
    08-22-11 07:38 PM
    Why not try Google Sync? One of you keep the Master calendar and share it with the other. When you configure Google Sync, scroll to the bottom of your Options page and click on the calendar listed there. This opens the next page where any shared calendars are available to check and sync.
    08-23-11 06:21 AM
    You could try forming a BBM Group between the two of you and using the Group Calendar.

Disclaimer: I have not tried this. However, for the brief time I was in a group, I did notice that a calendar was added for BBM Groups. While I didn't notice a CICAL service book for it, I am guessing that it doesn't need one. Perhaps if you both made the BBM Groups calendar your default calendars (and MAYBE deleted your other CICAL service books if you don't use them), this may work. In any event, it'd be free to test and try. Good luck!
    08-23-11 09:45 AM
    Why not try Google Sync? One of you keep the Master calendar and share it with the other. When you configure Google Sync, scroll to the bottom of your Options page and click on the calendar listed there. This opens the next page where any shared calendars are available to check and sync.
    Google Sync was the first thing we tried however it constantly multiplied the entries. For example Johns Birthday on Dec 25th would be shown dozens of times as would all other entries for various dates?

I tried deleting the google sync software but then all connectivity disappeared?

Thanks though
    08-23-11 02:29 PM
    I was just pointed in the direction of office accelerator. It syncs with my microsoft outlook wirelessly. There is a charge of 25$ a month for it though. But you could do some research, there is also one cslled think post that's only 5$ a month. I'm not surer how it works with 2 users but those are the ones i know of.

Hope this is of some help.
    Yes I had discovered the pay type ones however this is just an idea to replace the calendar weve hung on the fridge for the last 32 years. I cant see paying $2,000 for the next 32 years.

Thanks though,
    08-23-11 02:32 PM
    You could try forming a BBM Group between the two of you and using the Group Calendar.

Disclaimer: I have not tried this. However, for the brief time I was in a group, I did notice that a calendar was added for BBM Groups. While I didn't notice a CICAL service book for it, I am guessing that it doesn't need one. Perhaps if you both made the BBM Groups calendar your default calendars (and MAYBE deleted your other CICAL service books if you don't use them), this may work. In any event, it'd be free to test and try. Good luck!

Mmmmm we are heavy BBM users and I didnt realize it had a calendar component?

Will have to experiment with this idea and report back.

Thanks to all for your help!

08-23-11 02:34 PM
    An update as promised:

Klotar was right on the money with the suggestion that I try the BBM group calendar as a method of achieving my shared calendar dream. Not only did the suggestion work, it exceed my expectations and provided extra functionality!

I wanted to mention a couple of things I found in setting it up that may help others wishing to do the same:

- In order to make it possible for a member of the group to have the ability to alter the group calendar (ie: add/delete/modify events) they must be set up as an administrator for the group. This needs to be done on the original creator of the groups phone as this person is granted administrator status by default. In my case I created the group then sent my wife an invite to join my group, once she had joined the group I could then change her status on my phone to that of administrator. Once I upgraded her status I noted that it took about 20 minutes to take effect, much like when you set up a new BB email account.

- When you pick a name for your group I suggest picking a very short name as every calendar event starts with that name on the home screens quick view (ie: 09/10 Family Calendar  Harry's Birthday) which takes up too much room on the screen. Further to this the chosen name cannot be changed afterwards, so pick the name carefully! I ended up using just 1 letter for my group name so that I get the most "needed" information in my quick view (ie: 09/10 M  Harry's Birthday).

Some side notes:

- Every calendar entry asks "share this entry with the group- yes/no", allowing individuals of the group to make entries/deletions that need not be shared with others of the group.

- All members of the group are notified of additions and removals of shared events, so its easy to keep up with changes to the calendar.

- All changes made to the calendar and shared with the group members are practically instant, appearing on the other calendars at the same speed BB messages move.

Cheers,
    Stingstar
    08-28-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD