I had a BB Curve with Sprint and had the BEST turn by turn with voice direction GPS system on it.

I now have a 9700 with T-Mobil. I have google maps installed and it is terrible! It won't update as I drive. I have to do it manually and will not give me turn by turn.

There must be a good GPS program available. I want something that gives me turn by turn directions and corrects and updates itself if I go the wrong way or get diverted off it's pre-set directions which google maps is NOT doing for me.

I don't understand why google maps is not a better app or maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    08-15-10 02:19 PM
    I believe this is the company that makes Sprint's navigation.
    GPS Navigation on your BlackBerry - TeleNav
    08-15-10 02:23 PM
    I'm pretty sure there is a Garmin app for BB. Google maps only has turn by turn directions for Android devices I believe.
    08-15-10 02:26 PM
    OH NO! Quick. Someone get a .... Shovel! Heheheh anyway. That's strange as I do not have problems with Gmaps. It follows my location. And yes no turn by turn but it does autoupdate on my 9550

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 03:16 PM
    +1 for Garmin Mobile. It's $99 if purchased directly from Garmin ($79 from the BlackBerry Owners Lounge), but this is a one-time purchase. There is a 30-day free trial, so you can test it out first.
    08-16-10 10:32 AM
    Thank you for your answers. I think I will be ok now and not kill anyone else trying to find things in LA!
    08-16-10 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD