My contacts are totally screwed, and I could use some suggestions. Here's the deal:

I'm running Verizon's .328 shrunken on my 9530. After deleting and re-adding my gmail account to my 9530 (for other reasons), my google contacts got all messed up. Many got duplicated several times, some names got switched with the rest of the info, etc. etc. I normally use google sync automatically, so I didn't realize this had happened until my google contacts and my BB contacts got synced up, so they were screwed up in both places. My thought to fix it was erase all my google contacts, restore my BB contacts from a recent backup, and then re-sync my google contacts from the healthy, happy contacts on the BB.

The problem I have is getting those contacts to google. They won't sync! Via google sync, it syncs, but no changes are made. I have since uninstalled google sync to try to eliminate the issues. I thought the enhanced gmail plugin synchronization might work, so enabled contact syncing there, but that hasn't worked either. Oddly, there are 2 copies of the email address when i go to Contacts --> Options. One has a full 160 entries but won't allow me to turn on wireless synchronization, while the other one has 0 entries, and allows wireless syncing!

The other method I tried of getting my contacts restored on Gmail is exporting my 9530 contacts to Outlook via BB Desktop Manager and them import them to google. Its probably a separate issue, but that just plain doesn't work. The contacts just don't get transferred to outlook.

Is there any way I can restore my unduplicated/error-free google contacts? I'm at the point where I'm thinking of wiping the device and doing a fresh OS install, restoring clean contacts in the process. I'm worried that google sync will still not send my BB contacts to google, or that enhanced gmail plugin will still not work, and/or I won't be able to export my contacts to Outlook. What should I do?
    07-07-10 08:59 AM
    I have not been able to sync my calendar using google sync since yesterday. When I sync, the information from the calendar on google gets transferred to my phone, but not the other way around. When I use google sync it says that it sync'd, but nothing is transferred from the phone. A problem with google perhaps????
    07-07-10 09:38 AM
    that would be nice if it turned out to be something on their end, as long as they get it fixed soon! I didn't mention it in the first post, but I was also having problems with google sync adding calendar events from my google calendar to my BBM group calendar by default, so maybe they just need to get some stuff straightened out with Google Sync. I wish they'd hurry it up.
    07-07-10 10:29 AM
    If you go to your gmail contacts you can merge duplicate contacts. I would suggest fixing them there and then doing a fresh sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 12:14 PM
    Thanks blaised,

I tried to do a bit of that before things got out of hand, and somehow some contacts just got duplicated while others had names/numbers swapped. So like Suzy G.'s phone number was listed under Bobby D.'s name. This made the idea of merging them pretty difficult. I have since erased all my google contacts anyway, so that's not much of a possibility any more. I'm still hoping to be able to restore them somehow.
    07-08-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD