LONG story short, I was helping one of our users with duplicating calendar entries. We are running Google Apps Sync for MS Outlook and she is running the Google Apps sync program on her Blackberry. We have a paid-for Google account with our domain.

I wanted to start her fresh so I - BACKED UP FIRST - then used the WIPE command on the Blackberry calendars to clear everything. I took care of dupes on Outlook and everything synced up to her Google calendar online just fine.

I then wanted to get rid of the Google calendar on the BB and re-run the Google sync to re-create it. To accomplish this, I deleted the service books for the Google account (cical) -- dumb move I think.

I then re-ran the Google Sync on the BB and everything came over fine. However, all appointments got added to an AOL calendar she had on the phone and there is no reference to the Google calendar anywhere - the service book for Google cical did not regenerate like I thought it would. Now, anything she adds the the AOL calendar will not sync to Google/Outlook (obviously...).

Was I an ***** for deleting the service books? Is there a way to get this back?

Am I better off doing a hard reset?

I am aware of the MOVE function so if I can get the Google calendar back on the BB, I can move calendar items from the AOL cal to the Google cal (I think..).

Thanks!
    08-10-11 10:44 AM
    Why not just sync the Google Calendar via BIS and avoid the Google sync apps?
    08-10-11 10:57 AM
    Good question. How might I do this? Does it support two-way calendar sync with a Google Apps account?
    08-10-11 10:59 AM
    Can you just go to the email setup on her device or to the bis website for your carrier and select re-send service books? That should restore them. Then make sure that the default calendar set in options (under "default services I believe) and make sure gmail is set for the default for the calendar. When you wipe the calendar if you wipe calendar options it will often reset the defaults for your calendar and mail. Check the default by making a new appointment and confirming that it automatically uses gmail as the calendar default.
    08-10-11 03:17 PM
    If you think resending the service books from the BIS site will restore the Google Sync CICAL, then I can certainly give that a try. I am aware of the Default Services option under Advanced Settings to set the default calendar to user_at_domain.com (i.e. the Google Apps account) so I will check there after resending service books to see if it comes back - it's been gone since I wiped the books!!
    08-10-11 03:27 PM
    Good question. How might I do this? Does it support two-way calendar sync with a Google Apps account?
    You just edit the gmail account on the phone and select the calendar checkbox under synchronization options.
    08-10-11 04:31 PM
    Darn, the calendar sync option is greyed out on the BIS site. Any ideas why?
    08-10-11 07:22 PM
    Darn, the calendar sync option is greyed out on the BIS site. Any ideas why?
    I use the email setup on the phone, not the BIS website.
    08-10-11 09:44 PM
    I use the email setup on the phone, not the BIS website.
    And don't forget to remove the GSync first.

If you still find sync grey'd out on email setup on phone then remove the email account and add in again.

You will probably need to do the MOVE stuff again to remove the default but it will work.

Why there is no definitive and well publicised way to sync beats me!

Anyway BIS sync with Google does work but.........
    08-12-11 11:26 PM
    Calendar sync works great, contact sync not so much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD