I have never had a problem with my facebook on my phone. I get my notifications right away. but just within the past several days, I haven't been receiving any notifications to my phone. I tried a battery pull. I deleted it and reinstalled it. What could it be? and what else could I do?

oh, and i didnt change my settings or anything.
    06-20-09 04:46 PM
    You haven't received any FB notifications, or ANY notifications at all?
    06-20-09 04:59 PM
    You haven't received any FB notifications, or ANY notifications at all?
    any facebook notifications. they just stopped all together.
    06-20-09 10:15 PM
    Log into your Facebook account via PC and when your page opens, in the right hand corner, click on settings and then notifications. Set what you want to be notified for and what you do not. At the bottom save changes. When you install the Facebook application on your BlackBerry and it asks you for your login info, it changes your settings for notifications on the web page. The settings on the webpage determine my notifications. Let us know if this helps you...
    06-20-09 10:23 PM
    Log into your Facebook account via PC and when your page opens, in the right hand corner, click on settings and then notifications. Set what you want to be notified for and what you do not. At the bottom save changes. When you install the Facebook application on your BlackBerry and it asks you for your login info, it changes your settings for notifications on the web page. The settings on the webpage determine my notifications. Let us know if this helps you...
    ok, I just tried that. I'll let you know next time I get a notification if it works.
    Thanks!
    06-20-09 10:33 PM
    Ok, it is still not working...
    06-21-09 07:58 AM
    Do you have anything else coming through on that same email address? My facebook notifications go to my personal email address so some are ordinary emails, some are facebook.

Send a test email to the address that is supposed to be receiving your notifications and if that comes through then you know it's not the email address.

Are you using BIS? Have you set up any filters on the email address that is stopping your facebook notifications getting delivered to the phone?

Check the email inbox and see if you're notifications are going in there?

I sometimes have events happen on my facebook page that I never receive notifications for unless I log onto the website itself. I've missed wall posts before or messages and the notification email has never arrived.
    06-21-09 09:29 AM
    I don't receive my notifications through email, i get them right through the facebook app on my berry. And that's what I have not been receiving. and notifications through the facebook app.
    06-21-09 10:13 PM
    The facebook app on the berry works primarily by email notifications. When something happens on your facebook an email is sent out notifying you (in accordance with your notification preferences set on Welcome to Facebook | Facebook).

The facebook app on the berry receives these emails and rather than them going into the normal messages client it handles them and presents them to you in their relevant facebook form.

You need to be receiving the emails from Facebook for the notifications on the Facebook app on the berry to be functioning.
    06-22-09 07:16 AM
    i got it working! thanks for all your help, mark-d!
    06-22-09 08:43 AM
    No probs, glad it's all sorted for you.
    06-23-09 06:34 PM
    ash15nicole

Glad you got it working.

Could you let me know what you did as I am experiencing the same problem you had. I have been following the threads but wondered what worked for you.

Thanks, Matt
    06-24-09 07:05 AM
    I am also having an issue, getting status updates and comments and wall posts, but the "top stories" section on the mobile page has alot of information that i don't appear to be getting, is there something that I need to do? ex. if someone/firend joins a group, makes a change it doesn't make it to my phone and frequently I am out of pocket from a PC for several days/weeks at a time and must rely soley on BB
    06-24-09 10:07 AM
    Manage to solve my issue.

Somehow the domains that facebook use and all, over time ended up in my blocked email list on hotmail. Once I cleared those from the block list ie @facebookmail.com all my notifications come flooding in and I feel connected again.

Matt
    06-25-09 06:24 AM
    Has anyone else had an issue with the facebook app v1.6 duplicating their calendar? I deleted the app, cleared the calendar, then reinstalled the app and set it to not sync with the calendar. It still, however, duplicated every event in my calendar.
    06-25-09 06:28 AM
    Any one having issues with trying to upload pictures using facebook v. 1.6? As soon as I try to upload I get a red X and it says there was an error uploading this photo. I have tried w/ out wifi and with just the data plan and the app is set to allow on everything... Any ideas?
    07-01-09 10:51 PM
    Guys, the only thing i can see in my BB Facebook Notification tab are the things that I did and nobody else's - and I do NOT have the "Leave email notification on server" checked.....Since somebody posted that FB BB application uses email triggers to invoke notification on BB - I do get all the notification emails in my yahoo mail!!!

and to make matter worst, I can't comment on my own status and neither do i see comments other made to my status (and no, i do not use selective twitter update)!!!

Help!!!
    07-05-09 11:12 PM
    Any one having issues with trying to upload pictures using facebook v. 1.6? As soon as I try to upload I get a red X and it says there was an error uploading this photo. I have tried w/ out wifi and with just the data plan and the app is set to allow on everything... Any ideas?
    I have this issue, and it seems that no matter where I'm searching it's just a bunch of "yeah, me too" replies.

Some things I noticed. I cannot upload to any existing album. If I delete any/all "Mobile Uploads" albums, on the next test up load it will create 2 of them labeled that, and from then on will not accept any other uploads. I also cannot view any of my current albums, saying "photos not available".

I created a second FB account with a test email from gmail.com, and oddly enough everything works perfectly for that one. I'm going to test using my login on someone else's Blackberry to see if it's something on my phone or something within my FB account, although I can't imagine what. I've compared all the security settings between my main account and that test account and they're identical.
    07-06-09 03:19 PM
    Has anyone else had an issue with the facebook app v1.6 duplicating their calendar? I deleted the app, cleared the calendar, then reinstalled the app and set it to not sync with the calendar. It still, however, duplicated every event in my calendar.
    I had the same issue. I did the same things. One thing you don't mention is whether you have the calendar application in Facebook set to sync with your calendar app on your bb. Thats in the set up wizard on the fb app, I believe.
    I had to go into my options, make sure my previous email was the default for handling calendar entries, deleted all the facebook entries, and then resynced. So far it's not duplicating them.
    07-06-09 05:51 PM
    help help can any one give me the link to facebook v1.6 please cant find it no where
    12-09-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD