Hello, the only facebook notifications I'm getting are comments on my own status. I'm not getting wall posts, comments on anyone else's wall posts, their statuses, etc. Please help! I have everything checked on the notification screen, I've done battery pulls. I don't know what else to do?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 10:48 AM
    Did you make sure to check the notification screen again and save the changes via computer? For some reason, the new facebook app unchecks most of the stuff when you log in. I uninstalled it.
    12-21-10 11:20 AM
    Hmm, I've never received a notifcation for someone else's status updates. I only get notifications if someone comments on my FB, if someone responds to a status update that I already commented on, any FB PMs and friend requests. But I don't get notifications for someone just updating their own wall... that'd be a lot of notifcations!
    12-21-10 01:06 PM
    Simple answer! You should not be getting those! You only get pokes to you directly, a direct message to you or response, when someone writes on your wall or tags you in a photoor at a location, friend requests and confirmations....

Things that come directly to YOU will generate a BB FB notificationnot feed updates or status changes etc...

12-21-10 03:06 PM
    Simple answer! You should not be getting those! You only get pokes to you directly, a direct message to you or response, when someone writes on your wall or tags you in a photoor at a location, friend requests and confirmations....

Things that come directly to YOU will generate a BB FB notificationnot feed updates or status changes etc...

Nope, I get notifications (push ones) about any update on any status I have commented on.

To op, change your password on the pc fb then on ur bb, see if that kicks them to start.

Steve

12-21-10 06:18 PM
    Did you make sure to check the notification screen again and save the changes via computer? For some reason, the new facebook app unchecks most of the stuff when you log in. I uninstalled it.
    I'm having the same problem, I went into facebook checked the boxes I wanted, then saved it, done. Then few minutes later all the boxes I checked were unchecked again. Looks like the app on my phone unchecks them so I think its a facebook error, but so far it only happens with me, friends do not have the problem, I have BB 9700.
    Going to try to downgrade it to earlier facebook version, if not wait for the fix, I guess.
    12-21-10 06:40 PM
    Nope, I get notifications (push ones) about any update on any status I have commented on.

To op, change your password on the pc fb then on ur bb, see if that kicks them to start.

Steve

Yes, you are correct. You should get notifications on anyone's status that you have COMMENTED on. However, if someone updates their FB you WILL NOT get any notifications until you comment on that particular status.

If you got a notification every time someone update their wall that'd be a ton of notifications.

12-21-10 06:50 PM
    If you want notifications on updates that you haven't already posted to you're going to have to set the FB app to check every hour or whatever interval you want for new wall updates.
    12-21-10 06:57 PM

Steve

I was not wrong - read the post again.

Uh ya once you comment you will get notifications otherwise only "like" does not do notifications. General news feeds and status updates DO NOT generate notifications.

Changing a password will not do squat. I have posted a solution to this issue MANY times when direct contact notifications are not working but here they are yet again:

Login to FB on a PC and delete the BB FB app under app settings.
    This should force you out on your BB.
    Login again on your BB.
    Verify the BB FB app was re-added to FB on your PC
    After that change NOTHING under notification settings on your PC.
    :-)

Last edited by shansmi; 12-21-10 at 09:42 PM.
    12-21-10 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD