I have been having issues with facebook on my BB for a while now, I just finally got fed up with it. Everytime I go to open a message my phone freezes and I have to do a battery pull to get it to work again. Is this a known problem with the current version of facebook? How should I fix it??
    02-09-09 08:16 AM
    Unfortunantly, no. This is a big problem with Facebook and it'll give you fits on a Pearl. There have been many problems with this app and so far, no real solution. Many of the problems I've commed back and forth with were directly caused by FB, and the only fix was deletion. Sorry for the bad news.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 08:47 AM
    I was afraid of that! Could it potentially help if I deleted it and then re-installed the app?
    02-09-09 09:02 AM
    It might help for a little while, but eventually it'll constipate again. FB is so memory intensive it'll snafu a device quickly. It might help some to make sure to close it fully (Menu>Close) each time you leave it.

Installed FB on daughters' phone w/46MB file free and it was down to 30 by the next morning, to give you an idea.

02-09-09 10:08 AM
    I usually just go to the Facebook site on my browser. I like how it's set up better anyhow.
    02-12-09 11:43 PM
    I usually just go to the Facebook site on my browser. I like how it's set up better anyhow.
    My wife does to.

I had FB on my 8100 and had to delete it when i upgraded to 4.5. it jammed my phone up quick.

02-13-09 08:19 AM
    I guess I am lucky. I have never had a problem with FB on my pearl 8100.
    02-14-09 11:23 AM
    i have the app but some time ago, i had to delete the app because it wasn't receiving messages or something (i'd get notifications via email so i knew i was receiving messages or wall posts or something). uninstalling it then reinstalling it fixed it for me.

but either way, it is a pretty memory intensive application, so if you've left other apps running in the background, it won't help with the way facebook runs...
    02-14-09 11:43 AM
    I guess I am lucky. I have never had a problem with FB on my pearl 8100.
    I never had a problem until *after* saying this very thing here about two-three weeks ago...app go buh-bye yesterday.

Messages were coming in hours after they were sent to me and when I would "attempt" to open ... 5 minutes...and then ...10 minutes would pass....and then ...another 5...and then ... go to pc open and read...and then ...go back to the berry still "retrieving message" ??? oive' ...battery pull time.
    ...and then ...Now if T-mobile would get the towers back online in the area of 56007 ...I could use my browser to check fb ...until then
    02-15-09 10:11 AM
    Yeah it takes up so much space and eventually just slows my phone up really bad I just end up going to the site instead of using the app
    02-15-09 04:40 PM
    facebook AND BB together=severe crack addictions... *sigh*
    03-17-09 09:12 AM
    yeah i don't even use the facebook app anymore, i just go to the mobile site on opera mini and get everything done there.
    03-17-09 03:21 PM
    Olay stupid question time!!!! what address do you use for the mobile site? Just facebook.com? If I could get everything there I would probably dump the facebook app.

03-17-09 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD