I first downloaded Buzzme Pro from App world and changed my LED txt setting so that it would blink Blue when i got a text.

I downloaded Empower SMS Viwer next and now when i receive text messages my light blinked red ( the original color ).

i got an error message from Buzzme Pro saying that another app was using the same sms port or something.

anyone know a way around this? any help is greatly appreciated.

p.s. Buzzme Pro suggestion was to remove the APP that is preventing it from working... but i just paid 9.99 for Empower Sms =/
    10-20-09 06:55 PM
    Hi,
    RIM allows only one app to listen to incoming sms. So, unlike emails where you can have multiple apps working on the same email, when it comes to sms apps - users have to make a choice. Only one app can listen to 'incoming' sms.

Till RIM opens up the APIs to allow multiple apps to listen to sms, you have to make a choice about which one app you will use. You can either use BuzzMe or use Empower SMS Viewer.

The good thing we did with Empower is that we have made SMS listening a part of a common app called 'Central'. All other apps take data from Central. This way multiple sms apps can co-exist together (because technically for RIM only one app Central does the listening). That is why all Empower SMS apps work together without conflict be it SMS Viewer, SMS Popups, or our other upcoming sms apps (Threaded SMS, SMSBuzz, etc)

Hope that helps.

Best,
    Ani.
    10-21-09 02:17 AM
    helped a lot. thank you!
    10-21-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD