I just purchased my new blackberry yesterday and i am very excited to start using it. but when I tried to download blackberry app world from my laptop it kept saying my phone didnt meet the requirements, is there something wrong with the phone?

and it wouldn't let me download from my phone!
    i need some help because i want to get blackberry messenger also!
    one more question: do i need a paypal account even though i won't be purchasing paid applications?
    PLEASE HELLPPP!!!!??!!!!
    12-22-09 10:56 AM
    First off, congrats and welcome to the world of blackberry. Second, do you have a data plan for your phone?
    12-22-09 11:34 AM
    Easiest way is to email yourself the download link to your phone, no you do not NEED a paypal account, although it is nice to have.
    12-22-09 11:35 AM
    Welcome friend!

We're assuming you have BIS. You do right?
    12-22-09 11:38 AM
    I do have a data plan and i emailed the link and i opened it on my laptop and followed the instructions and when they told me to connect my device and when i connected the device then it said that it didn't meet the system requirements?

What does that mean?
    Does BIS mean the internet package because i have that?
    12-22-09 11:52 AM
    BIS - Blackberry Internet Service: This is what you pay for so you can have internet access, IM, BBM, push email and the sweety encryption that makes Blackberry so safe.

Why don't you try opening the link using the Blackberry instead of the PC?
    12-22-09 11:56 AM
    Ok, see if this will do it.

Move the files to your SD card, go to Media, hit the menu, Explore, find the .jad file and open it.

That should do it...
    12-22-09 01:41 PM
    I've recently e-mailed the link, today, from somewhere on the crackberry shop.. There was an ad about it
    12-22-09 01:45 PM
    Rofl

Merry xmas to you too Abuser. And the CB community.
    12-22-09 01:57 PM
    HELP AGAIN!
    so i tried it on my phone and it finally downloaded. but now when i try to use it. it says "upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing." WE HAVE BROWSING THOUGH!

HELLLPPP PLEASSSEE!
    what should i do? i tried to use the internet too and it worked fine but when i browsed the web
    12-22-09 08:35 PM
    Time to call T-Mobile and ask them what's going on. Check if your data plan is actually the Blackberry Data Plan (aka BIS) or just a generic one.
    12-22-09 08:41 PM
    I cant seem to get the files to install. I've tried to install by files (ALX, COD, JAD) on the mem card and it fails. I've tried installing the ALX file from DM and it failed as well. Please help.
    12-27-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD