I used to have my phone reset every morning with quickpull. Then one day I saw this screen when it should have been resetting itself.

So after I hit reset now it resets itself and when it loads up it says "All changes have been saved." But then next time I try to reset it this same screen comes up and it won't reset without my hitting the button which kinda defeats the purpose of doing it in the morning before I wake. It does this with both Quickpull and Meterberry.

Has anyone ever seen this before and can you offer me any help on how to fix this.

Thanks you so much for any help.
    03-22-10 10:01 AM
    If you did not already pull the battery now is the time. With the phone turned remove the battery. Wait 30-60 seconds. Reinsert the battery and restart. Sometimes that is the only solution for these gremlins.

If that fails return with more information about your OS, recent app installs, and current memory levels. Sometimes that will help find a solution.
    03-22-10 10:59 AM
    Hi,

That is a meterberry reset. Meterberry has two options to reset the phone, 1 & 2. Option 1 tries to fool the OS that it installed a module and would have to reset.
    Option 2 does not work for me.

Quickpull does not get a screen like that, it just resets.
    03-22-10 11:15 AM
    It has something to do with the newer OS' RIM is rolling out. I don't have the exact answer, but it's like RIM changed something in their code.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 12:26 PM
    Hi,

That is a meterberry reset. Meterberry has two options to reset the phone, 1 & 2. Option 1 tries to fool the OS that it installed a module and would have to reset.
    Option 2 does not work for me.

Quickpull does not get a screen like that, it just resets.
    I reinstalled quickpull 3.7.2 then did a reset for changes to take effect. Then I set up the QP settings and tried to do a quickpull and this is the screen I got.

Then I reset again to see if that helped and it did the same again.

I use a Curve 8900 with OS 5.0.509
    I have changed all Permissions to "Allow"
    I haven't added any new apps lately.
    03-22-10 01:16 PM
    It has something to do with the newer OS' RIM is rolling out. I don't have the exact answer, but it's like RIM changed something in their code.

So does this happen to you also?

Should I do an app back up with BBSAK and then do a factory reset and restore apps?
    Last edited by Carpet161; 03-22-10 at 01:45 PM.
    03-22-10 01:17 PM
    This is a known issue with Quickpull using OS 5.0. See below:
    QuickPull and OS 5.0.0.434+
    03-22-10 01:48 PM
    Just press alt+right shift+del. done, no need for an app
    03-22-10 01:55 PM
    So does this happen to you also?

Should I do an app back up with BBSAK and then do a factory reset and restore apps?

Yes it happens to me. It's no biggie for me. I wouldn't go that far. Most of the time 3 finger pulls don't properly work for me. It takes it two of them for it to work right.
    03-22-10 04:27 PM
    If you have QuickLaunch you can use that for resetting the phone..clearing event logs ..and cleaning memory...its a good app just for those features plus everything else its capable of doing.

03-22-10 04:35 PM
    For what it's worth, I am getting the exact same issue with the reboot function in Quick Launch, using the latest version.

I've followed the links listed in here and it seems that this is an OS bug, end of story really. I wonder when the 9000 will see a 5.0OS above .711?
    03-22-10 07:18 PM
    For what it's worth, I am getting the exact same issue with the reboot function in Quick Launch, using the latest version.

I've followed the links listed in here and it seems that this is an OS bug, end of story really. I wonder when the 9000 will see a 5.0OS above .711?
    I have the same exact issue with QuickLaunch. No QuickPull installed and I get the identical message - it just says QuickLaunch has installed....
    03-22-10 07:40 PM
    I don't understand why it doesn't work for some of us, but then I go to my friends house who has a Storm 2 and it works perfect for him and he uses the newest leaked 5.0 OS.

I updated to the new 8900 leak .554 and that did not fix anything for me

Thanks
    Last edited by Carpet161; 03-23-10 at 10:17 AM.
    03-23-10 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD