Hi there,

I bought my first BB (Storm) last November, and I've been lurking these forums since then. Now's the time for my first post

Anyhow, I need help on setting up my calendars to work properly with google sync and google calendar.

Here's my current situation :

I have 2 email accounts set up through BIS. @gmail, and @work. Logically, the calendar application on my BB shows me two calendars (gmail & work).

Google Sync works fine, but it only sync events between my BB's "gmail" calendar and google calendar. And that's where my problem is. I receive invitations on my work email account, and they are automatically attached to my "work" calendar.

What I'd like to do is have Google Sync use both calendars on my BB and sync them over to google calendar.

Apparently, It only allow me to merge several google calendar to my BB though.

Is this doable ?

Thanks for your inputs.
    02-05-09 03:11 AM
    Google has a tool called Calendar sync you can use to sync Home and Work calendars with your Google calendar (1 or 2 way).

I use that tool to keep everything sync'd up on my google calendar (I only push one way to my google calendar), then use GSync on my Storm to sync my BB calendar with my Google Calendar. I enable 2-Way syncing on my BB so it and my Google calendar stay in perfect sync. I don't use any other email sync.

It works perfectly for me. Both Home and Work Calendars combine on my Google calendar, and my Google calendar and Storm calendar are the same.
    Last edited by khalford; 02-05-09 at 06:30 AM. Reason: typo
    02-05-09 06:29 AM
    To summarize what you said :

personnal cal (outlook) + work cal (outlook) -> google calendar sync -> google calendar (web browser) -> google sync -> storm

That's not exactly what i'm looking for, i'm afraid, since I don't use outlook. My primary calendar management tool is my storm.

What I need is being able to view both my storm calendars (work + gmail) in google calendar.
    02-05-09 08:36 AM
    Can you export your calendar from work? If so, you should be able to add it as another calendar on Google Calendar on your computer which you could select that one also to synce on your BB when you do Google Sync on it.
    02-05-09 08:43 AM
    Can you export your calendar from work? If so, you should be able to add it as another calendar on Google Calendar on your computer which you could select that one also to synce on your BB when you do Google Sync on it.
    Nope, because my work calendar is only on my BB.

Things would be much simpler if the blackberry calendar allowed to save received invitations to a single calendar, as opposed to having one calendar per email account...
    02-05-09 08:51 AM
    How'd you manage to get the @work setup on BIS? If it were plausible and not going to get my IT department to come and wollop me I'd like to do so as well.

Its a personal phone, but hey, these days its good to get a little work done at home too.
    02-05-09 08:58 AM
    I have access to my work's mailserver, so it's simply a matter of forwarding all my incoming mail to my vodafone BIS address (done through a .procmailrc)
    02-05-09 09:05 AM
    I don't think Throphyguy's suggestion will work. I have multiple Google Calendars and GSync only syncs my primary calendar.
    02-06-09 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD