I locked my phone with buddy guard and now with pattern lock locking the screen, it just continually flashes between the two and I can't enter either password. and Desktop Manager does not detect the device for me to uninstall one of the apps. What do I do?
    05-03-11 10:58 PM
    Try a battery pull. Can you get to settings/application management and uninstall them before they start=up / lock.

if not, try booting your device in safe mode. this usually disables any other applications from running. From safe mode you could uninstall them.

to boot into safemode, pull the battery out for one minute. then press and hold the back button, and put the battery back in. keep holding the back button until your device boots completely, into safe mode

let us know if any of this helps
    05-03-11 11:24 PM
    I wanted to see if these would work together and got the same flashing screens. There were two ways out: send the Unlock command, or reboot. Both worked fine.

This would be a problem though with a real loss so I wrote the dev for advice (will report back if anyone asks.) The nice thing is that Locate still works, and I presume the SIM card change alert too. Hopefully a nice person finds the phone and sees your contact info on the PL screen but if not there are those fallbacks and if not the flashing screen (esp. when you get the alarm going there!) will make them have to reboot, at which point (unless they put on PL) you can use all the commands again

BG also has the personal safety feature I like. I love the app, and the paid version of PL too, so I am hopeful for a workaround.

If not, I would like to know if BerryProtect has the same conflict(s)...anyone?
    09-10-11 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD