I downloaded this free Halloween Theme from Mobihand, every since then I've set here since 12:00 today trying to fix this problem, It says: APP ERROR 200 RESET, I'm not a total ***** when it comes to some things, but right now I am past the ***** stage. I have done everything people have posted up on the message board as far as the APP ERROR message goes, I have the Desktop Manager loaded did everything it said now the screen on my phone is white with no Error Message, the Desktop Manager says Tasks In Progress, it also reads, this could take up to 30 minutes. I've been sitting here like a champ watching the progress on the bar, it says CONNECTING TO DEVICE and that was about an hour ago. It hasn't budged. What can I do this is my life line to my kids who are living out of state. Can someone help me restore my phone back? I'm really getting annoyed with this thing.
    10-10-09 06:07 PM
    do a battery pull.
    10-10-09 06:09 PM
    Do you already have your phone backed up.. Is all your stuff saved that you need saved?
    10-10-09 06:14 PM
    Hi,
    I did the battery pull and that didn't seem to help but thank you casper. I indead have a backup, but I really don't know what to do my device is connected to the desktop manager like I said earlier it says its task in progress connecting to the device that was about 2 hours ago, and my phone the screen is white and it says nothing
    10-10-09 07:08 PM
    OK really no big deal...Can't be worse off then you are now. Just disconect thephone from the computer. See where that takes you. I have done it before and hads no problem..

Do you have a password on your phone?
    10-10-09 07:57 PM
    no, no password but I have disconnected it from the pc. I got to the app loader on the pc i got as far as device app selection, now am i'm suppose to click settings from there andclick on back up device data automatically during the installation process?
    10-10-09 08:11 PM
    Im a little confussed... Is your phone working Ok now that is is disconnected from the computer?

If the answer is yes just log off the computer or just turn it off. turn it back on and I think you will be fine..

NOTE>> You are new to BB and you should not be downloading and doing things you have no idea about.. I did the samme thing and I learned just like you.. You should try to read more i here. I have learned so much from just asking questions.. Most people are willing to help if you ask nice..

Take a breath really.. It
    will be fine and so are your kids..
    10-10-09 08:18 PM
    I had the same problem as u, and did the following--

Please do exactly as follow

1. Pull the battery and LEAVE IT OUT
    2. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager
    3. Click on Application Loader and choose Update Software
    4. Connect your Blackberry with the battery still OUT
    5. If prompted, enter your password/pin
    6. If multiple OS's are listed, choose the one with preferred next to it(if yo're rememmber what caused your error remove them here, by highlight the app and click delete, leave uncheck)

7. Allow the update to run without the battery
    8. When it says Waiting for initialization, it will attempt to reboot. At this point you will need to insert your battery or it will show the battery icon with the red line through it. If this icon shows, simply insert your battery and the phone will reboot again
    9. Allow the software to continue the update

cheers
    If done correctly, you will have a working Blackberry once again!

It takes awhile but it will work, just let it go for like 30 to 40 min. Dont touch!!!
    10-10-09 08:23 PM
    Well here it is 11:04 pm, and I would just like to say I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! Ted I followed your instructions and got my phone back up and running!!!! It took some doing had some trouble something about the battery everytime the update went to install I got past that and finally did it!!! I want to thank you Ted, Irishqt and Casper for being so patient with me helping me through this thank you guys so much!!!! I love you all!!!!!!!!! Thanks again!
    10-10-09 10:08 PM
    I like when great minds can get together and solve a problem or two... Let us know if you and the phone are OK
    10-11-09 12:13 PM
    Well here it is 11:04 pm, and I would just like to say I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! Ted I followed your instructions and got my phone back up and running!!!! It took some doing had some trouble something about the battery everytime the update went to install I got past that and finally did it!!! I want to thank you Ted, Irishqt and Casper for being so patient with me helping me through this thank you guys so much!!!! I love you all!!!!!!!!! Thanks again!
    Glad I could help.
    10-11-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD